A new P3AT with no ejecto

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by calypsoboat, Apr 11, 2009.

1. calypsoboat

calypsoboat New Member

Apr 11, 2009
    Thanks for all the replies to this!Has anyone ever heard of a new pistol (P3AT) being delivered without the ejector (item 115).  I just bought one and studied all the hints and tips in order to do the first cleaning correctly. (As well as the Keltec "Manual" that came with it.  Lo and behold, when I took the slide off, there was no ejector.  I was watching for it because all the helpful material had told me how it was sort of "Loose" in the frame.  I swear. there is no ejector piece in this pistol.    What to do? What to do?Thanks for the replies. I guess I've got an ejector after all! Like Battlebug's, It's just impossible to get out using just my fingernail.  This is a photo, and I'm  sort of assuming that the arrow is pointing at the ejector. Right?? If that's it, it looks like it has been filed down to fit. [​IMG][​IMG]

2. bro61

bro61 New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Call Kel-Tec monday morning and you will have one in your mailbox friday.

3. Battlebug

Battlebug New Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Got a photo? I bet you DO have the ejector, they're not easily dislodged from the frame--at least not mine. If it's not there at all you would have a noticable divot in the left side of the frame.

4. tommy51s

tommy51s New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Kansas City
    Maybe your LGS was showing someone how to field strip it and it fell out (like it does for me).

5. Apiarian

Apiarian New Member

Jan 19, 2005
    Re: A new P3AT with no ejector

If you can run your finger down the left hand rail from front to rear and there is no HOLE 1/4 from the rear, then you do have the ejector. When the ejector is out of the frame there is a hole about the size of a the pinky fingernail.

6. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Before anyone calls this guy a liar, and calls him out, I know of 2 p3at's, both second gen, that had no ejector upon receipt. I own one. zappa50 owns the other. I know about zappas because I told him to buy it anyways (the HC ones are always nice to have), and I knew KT would get him one.

Call KT, explain to them that the new p3at has no part #115, and you will have it by friday, in time for a range day on saturday.

7. Moose

Moose New Member

Jun 22, 2005
    Mine falls out also, first time I found it on the floor.

8. bro61

bro61 New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    That's it. It's supposed to sit flush with the top of the frame. It looks like you have some corrosion. Maybe that's why it wont come out. Mine falls right out when I turn it upside down. I'm glad you found it.

9. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    i would call them and get a new one. that is too much corrosion for my liking

10. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Are you using grease on your rails and inside of slide where rails ride as well as on the hammer and hammer interface in the slide? If not, that will prevent the corrosion you have on the rails and on your hammer. It will also help with reliability of your little pocket rocket.

11. frankmako

frankmako New Member

Mar 11, 2006
    Chattanooga TN
    i can see it. it is there, just looks like some junk that is holding it in place.