Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jeeze! I was just buying ammo for my PF-9 at LGS and asked if he had a mag. for the pf-9. The guy digs one out of a drawer below his showcase and says, " Did you hear that KT is announcing a new 9mm at the NRA show tomorrow?" Said, " it was to be a surprise but it got leaked" I didn't know where to put stuff like this on the forum, or if I should and I know everyone hates this kind of post. But this was a savvy seeming no BS type of gun dealer. Just sayin". don't want to start a false rumor or annoy members so apologizing in advance if I'm an idiot.

·
Registered
9 Posts
so thaaats why there are 3 used for sale locally all of a sudden.

·
Administrator
31,982 Posts
Hmm... Call me a skeptic, but if there is a new KT9, my bet would be a gen 2 P11, with the trigger system, and probably extractor, from the PF9 - something like a double-stack PF9 that takes P11 mags. But then again, who knows? :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
With all due respect, Cajun: Wouldn't that be a P11 by definition?

·
Administrator
31,982 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Smith is announcing the "Shield" tomorrow. Supposed to be in their M&P series 3" barrel, thin, single stack 9mm. Gotta say...I'm a huge Smith fan...have five of their M&P's already...will definitely grab one of these...if that is in fact what I'm hearing.

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
Gotta say I'm about 90% happy with my P11, even with the long, heavy DAO trigger and the rust-prone slide (and the VHT brake caliper paint finish I put over it is STILL holding up pretty well after 6+ months). However, if Kel-Tec decides to not only put out a P11 with a better trigger AND a stainless slide, especially if it'll accept my old P11's magazines ... ohhhhh yeahhhhhh! Count me in! :D

Not sure I would be too keen on them using the extractor design from the PF9, though. Obviously, extractor issues have been a major concern as of late with the PF9; with the P11, it's pretty much been a non-issue for quite some time, so why fix something that isn't broken? My preference would be that they just update the polymer frame texture/shape (maybe add an accessory rail like on the PF9), update the trigger group, and offer a stainless slide ... and/or with serrations on the front of the slide, too, just for good measure. Oh yeah, and keep the retail price under $300 like the PF9 and P11.

One can always dream, right? :D

·
Registered
233 Posts
Sure hope a whole bunch of new autos come out. I am looking for a J frame to pocket carry. Will have to start looking in the pawn shops...nobody wants one of those old obsolete wheel guns :)...great news.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The nice man man at the LGS meant that the announcement would come on Thursday, April 4, 2012. He also said that KT had produced "a number of these ahead so they could be shipped rather than just putting them on back order" as is often done by manufacturers to test interest.. Who knows if it's even true at all.

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
Ruger... Kel-Tec... You say 'Po-TAY-to'... LOL :D

I'm surprised that it doesn't look more like the PMR30. :confused:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.