Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
If we hadn't ordered in a bunch of different models around the first of the year and then stayed on top of it by ordering replacements every time one sold our store would look like that. There are zero KT's at Davidsons, Sports South, and very very few 380's and 32's at RSR which are our 3 main distributors. All three distributors usually have 50+ of all the pistols and a few rifles on hand. Ruger is even in worse shape. There are zero Ruger carry pistols anywhere.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
this is a sign of the times it is going to get worse

·
Registered
17 Posts
this is a sign of the times it is going to get worse
please dont say that! lol.. well.. it seems either their production machines have either slowed down.. OR theres ALOT more people buying affordable guns these days! i guess since a ****load of ppl think the world is fixn to end.. i hope not.. but i try to stay stocked with plenty of ammo for all my guns and and try to buy guns as often as possible lol

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've talked to several of my LGS's and they stated its a lot of familiar faces grabbing various caliper rifles and pistols, along with all the ammo, brass, powder, primers.... Lots of inactive hobbyists just becoming active in their hobby again.

Some buyers are just reselling on online auctions for a small profit too. Capitalism is great.

Once the inventory catches up with the demand, there will be a major surplus of weapons on the market, along with the dozens of safe-queens that so many bought preparing for the SHTF situation. I'd wager that there will be a few million surplus guns on the market in a couple years.

Keltec has cornered the discount market with decent quality, reasonably great customer service, phenomenal warranty, and reasonable 'supply'.

Keltec is smart in not investing in doubling their factory size. In a few years, that capital expense could be idling.

I also expect that when some are forced to choose among food, gasoline, rent...that we might see some of those safes emptied back on the market.

Online stores see 'millions' of customers a day. Your LGS might see a few dozen a day. So, check with them for inventory. You might be a little surprised. My local LGS had a couple Sub2ks and 4 RFB's in stock. While on vacation, I went into a couple stores and found a few more 'hard to find' weapons at reasonable prices. And, pawn shops seemed to be stocked with ALL kinds of interesting toys. I missed out on a NIB $400 Suomi, a $300 IndianArms(PPK 380 clone), $250 AMT backups(various calibers), and plenty of used $200 Keltecs.... Most are selling for $50-$200 more on the auction sites.

I know that I went from several to more. I also went from 50-100rds to 250-500rds for each caliber that I use. And, from going to the range whenever(2-3x a year), to going every couple weeks(originally a competitive shooter at the range 3x a week for 5 years and got bored). I added 'common caliber' choices to the safe. If one breaks, at least there is something else that can use the remainder of that ammo. Carbines, rifles, revolvers, and semi-auto pistols.... its good to have a 2 choices in each caliber, or know someone that could leftover ammo.

Be patient. If there is something you want now, you'll just have to pay a small premium for it. The other option is to locate a competing model.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts