Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Money burned a hole in my pocket tonight while browsing in the gun shop and I "impluse bought" an Uncle Mikes pocket holster for my P3AT (though I'm sure it won't be my final choice).

It fits the gun nicely, but when I draw, it doesn't stay in my pocket. What's the trick?

Thanks, DP

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
A better holster ;)

But........ I have one and don't really care about
where the holster ends up If I really need my gun

Rob

·
Registered
357 Posts
where the holster ends up-

Unless the holster stays stuck on the gun - you may be able to still shoot one time - but I doubt you would get a second shot.

I have talked with people who use a clip - not a regular paper clip - but the metal type used to keep a big stack of papers clipped together (black metal / silver handles). They use the clip on the outside of the pocket from the inside of their pants - to hold the holster in the pocket.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I ordered the Desantis Nemesis specifically because it is SUPPOSED to stick and stay in your pockets. I guess I'll find out next week (assuming Desantis ever gets around to shipping it).

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
the Desantis Nemesis works great. i was unsure about it when i purchased it but after you carry it for a while you begin to really like it,stays in your pocket when you draw and holds the gun where it belongs.(just wipe it off with a damp towel once and a while to restore the tackiness)also does a good job of hiding it by not printing like a gun in your pocket.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
z71bill said:
where the holster ends up-

Unless the holster stays stuck on the gun - you may be able to still shoot one time - but I doubt you would get a second shot.  
+1

When I say where the holster ends up:

I've made many practice draws and the gun
is always free from the holster at the top of the pocket, leaving the holster exposed half out of the pocket.

My home made leather holster( ruff side out )
stays put always.

Rob

G

·
I recently bought a Don Hume pocket holster for my P32 (I think the same one fits P3-AT). I had used the aforementioned belt clip for almost a year. I had the gun dealer install it at time of purchase. I like it but, at times wanted better trigger protection.

This holster is perfect! My P32 fits very nice even with the belt clip still on. I carry it in right front pocket. NO PRINTING. I literally can draw it in the blink of an eye. The gun easilly clears pocket and holster. The trick is the leather holster has a J-hook shaped corner to catch the corner edge of pocket as gun is drawn.

See picture.

http://www.myfishingpictures.com/img/115849.JPG

·
Registered
17 Posts
Deepmine - Try a Grandfather Oak "Orginal Pocket Companion". www.grandfatheroak.com .They are only $15, including postage. They have a hook on the bottom that grabs that holster as you draw. I have never had my holster come out with my gun, and I always draw a couple of times before I go out, just to make sure. They are made of thin Kydex and while they feel like hard construction paper and make you wonder if they'll hold up for more than an hour, mine has been great for about a year of daily service. They weigh about nothing, too, so there just doesn't seem to be any drawback to this holster, no pun intended. Good luck. Laddie

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the Nemisis holster, and I push off the holster with my three lower fingers while drawing, it does seem to print a tad when I'm sitting down, but that might be befcasue I know whats in the pocket. I've started using a hankie between the holster and outside pocket so it's less noticable.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
I use a Uncle Mikes while waiting on my K&D, I had the misfortune to have to draw the other day and the holster stayed in my pocket, consciously or not I think I tend to push the holster off and draw in one action. ;D

·
Registered
1,578 Posts

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
Troubleshooter said:
I saw that before, I'm not too handy with that type of project so I'm probably going to go with the K&D. I like the Desantis and will likely continue to use it though.
There is NO DOUBT that K&D will give you a much nicer quality piece of artwork; just wanted to make sure that you knew you had some options.

-Scott (waiting for my $15.00 nemesis to appear in the mail anyday now just so I can cut it up.)

·
Registered
72 Posts
adamsesq said:
Did you think about the extra mag modification for the Nemesis:

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=104;action=display;num=1117206151

It looks pretty cool!

-Scott
I'm not real sure how that modification would work.

Let's say you're in a situation where you have to reload. Assuming you have the holster in your strong side front pocket, you're going to have to either put your gun down or put it in your weak hand so you can pull the extra mag out of your strong side pocket.

I'm no expert, but it seems like it would make MUCH more sense to have your spare mag somewhere on your weak side (weak side front or back pocket maybe).

Thoughts?

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'll second the suggestion for trying the Grandfather Oak pocket holster. $15 shipped. Granted I have not tried anything else yet ;D As long as you have a thumb, you can use it to "push off" the tab on the holster which allows for a smooth draw. The Kydex prints a "little bit" with thin clothing material, but the holster holds snuggly and in my opinion, is good "accidental discharge prevention."

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I tried to order one the other day, but it looks like all they'll take is "pay pal" and I don't use htem due to past issues.

Too bad, because the holster looks interesting.

DP

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.