Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

A few questions before I buy?!?

957 views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  bigdaddyv10 
#1 ·
???
Hi everyone...first post here! I have been reading tons of info on just about every pocket pistol I can find...to make a long story short, the CC permit came today and it is finally time to buy one...and that "one" is def going to be a p3at.

Gander Mtn has a green/blued for sale for 279...I really want it but i dont know if that is a good price. Is it?

ALso, I have read on this forum that a J++++ serial number is desireable. Why is this? the gun i want has a J serial but what makes that special.

Lastly, the store will let me field strip before i buy...what should I look for before making the purchase...I want to take all steps possible to buy the best p3at I can find!

Thanks in advance for all of your help! This is a great site btw...tons of info!

Discussion starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all of the info guys (and gals maybe) I bought the gun...took a few apart and bought the one that looked like it had the highest quality finish...everything was snug yet smooth and shiny! I found a J5**** serial so I was happy about that!

I still need to get a purchase coupon from the county clerk so i cant bring the gun home for a week or so ::) but I cant wait!

It came to a total of $305 with tax...and they threw in a box of cheapo ammo and a uncle mikes pocket holster for free!

Overall I am happy with everything! Thanks again for the warm welcome!

Discussion starter · #11 ·
Sh*t...ive been reading alot...and had originally read that the "peening" issue had been worked out with the J*** SNs but now i am reading new posts with peening on those too....

So is peening just when the guide rod hole starts to be pushed outward around the edges...eventually making the hole wide enough for the spring to pop out?!? thanks What should I look for?!?

Discussion starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the info and the warm welcome! I am not too worried about the peening issue...I mean, I have not even picked the gun up from the store yet, I was not planning on shooting the gun too often to begin with, but hopefully I got a late enough start that by time my p3at starts to peen (if it does) Kel Tec will have a garunteed 1st time fix!

Again, thanks for the posts...I will be sure to post some pics of my first trip to the range!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.