a Buddie shot my p3. hated it :(

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by lop, Sep 2, 2008.

1. lop

lop Active Member

May 20, 2008
    a buddie was over Sunday and we did some blasting. He has listened to me sing the praises of the p3. He shot it and hated it. Jumped around, couldn't hit anything. He wasn't happy. He has his concealed carry permit, but doesn't carry. I told him it was my least favorite gun, but the one that got the most pocket time. I shoot it to be proficient, not for fun. Hope I never need it, glad I ALWAYS have it. ;). I can't get upset, the guy gave me a muzzle loader for nothing. I'm happy :D

2. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    Most of the people who have tried my PF9 and P3AT hate them. One guy can't shoot the P3 without ejected brass hitting him in the forehead on *every* shot ... I still don't know how he does it. There's another guy who has to rack the slide on every shot with the PF because he can't get it to feed at all. But there is one young lady in the building where I work who loves the PF9. It's really impossible to predict from one person to the next who will be able to shoot it and/or who will like it.

3. alioop

alioop Banned

Aug 28, 2008
    I don't know what to say about your friends taste - but to each his own. I've known many who don't care for the .380 cal. Not enough of a round - according to them. And just recently I showed my P3AT to an acquaintance. He too didn't think much of it; neither the calibre nor the gun. But I don't give a sh*t. I've run about 100 rounds though it and I love it.

As many have said, it's not really a range/plinking gun. It's for self defence. And I don't think you can get a better gun for this purpose. Perfect calibre, perfect size, perfect price. I think I'm in love!

4. lop

lop Active Member

May 20, 2008
    Like I said, he donesn't carry his .45 with him all the time in Georgia's summers. If he did, he would think that little pup was pretty cool. :cool:

5. c0wboi38

c0wboi38 New Member

Sep 19, 2006
    A .380 ( or even a tiny .22lr revolver) in your pocket will save your life a MILLION times better than that super-awesome and accurate .45 sitting in the safe at home.

To each their own, eh?

:-?

6. jpaul

jpaul Member

Apr 23, 2008
    To be honest the two KTs that I own are my least favorite for several reason BUT I like them the best for the reasons I got them, small, light, and reasonably cheap. A firearm is a tool, as long as it does its job then you aint got to be in love with it.

7. I suppose beauty, and fun, are in the eye of the [highlight]BEHOLDER[/highlight].  But if/when the SHTF... I know I will [highlight]BE HOLDING [/highlight] something, and it will probably not be the 8" Dan Wesson 44 Mag, or any of the other FULL SIZE BIG HOLE PUNCHING guns in the safe.

8. jpaul

jpaul Member

Apr 23, 2008
    Exactly.
    That is why I have the KTs, because they are easier to carry than anything else I own. Now if I knew trouble was coming to my front door and I had time to be ready then the KTs aint what I would have in my hand. I have better shooting, more accurate, and more potent tools at my disposal. Its all a matter of the right tool for the job at the right time.

9. Bobo

Bobo Active Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005
    Is my P-3AT pretty? - No!
    Is it a fun range gun? - No!
    Is it the best man-stopper available? - No!

Will it help protect me and can I carry it in complete comfort and concealment 24/7/365? - YES! :)

Obviously, your buddy's reasons for picking a gun are different than yours. He wants a fun easy to shoot gun and doesn't care much about carry. You want a gun for constant protection. Two different uses - two different tools!

Bobo

10. bunky

bunky New Member

Aug 27, 2008
    bobo you are so right ;)

11. Checker4Tix

Checker4Tix Active Member

Aug 6, 2007
    +1 to Lurker, NAS and Bobo.

My P3AT is my always, everywhere, no excuses traveling companion.

12. Bo_Bryant

Bo_Bryant New Member

Jun 7, 2008
    All buddies aren't always buddies!

You don't put down another man's family or his guns!

Bo Bryant

13. zeke

zeke New Member

Dec 20, 2005
    After thinking about it I'd go for the AK first. KT's would be second, ;) .223 with 30 round mags.

I'm sure the P3AT would be in my pocket though. ;D

I had the same reaction from my brother when he shot mine. He fired about 3 rounds and handed it back. My teenage daughter on the other hand loves to shoot it.

14. forestranger

forestranger Active Member

Jan 29, 2008
    NC
    Funny how folks used to carry little 25ACPs, mini-22s, low caliber derringers and feel armed. P3AT made all of them kinda obsolete IMHO. :)

15. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Apparently she is more "man" than he is?!?!?!?! :eek:

-Scott

16. Cascadedad

Cascadedad New Member

May 28, 2008
    Buddy is a wuss.

My Glock 27 is harder to handle than the P-3AT. They are both fun range guns. They both fire everything I put in them without a hickup and hit where I point them.

17. Cubriver_Kid

Cubriver_Kid New Member

Aug 8, 2008
    I for one, enjoy shooting the P3AT, and the PF9.  I have bigger and more expensive gun's that are fun, but beat you up a whole lot worse then those little concealable guns.  I have a 45-70 lever action rifle, and I grantee if you shoot 50 rnds of 405gr bullets, you will be hurt more then if you shoot 50 rnds through the P3AT, and it is much harder to get it into, and out of your pocket.  I think if you are serious about carrying 24/7 then the P3At, PF9 are very good choice's, they shoot well,and they are fun.

CK