90 vs 95gr .380?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by tommyray, Nov 19, 2008.

1. tommyray

tommyray New Member

Sep 2, 2008
    Found some cheap brass .380 today at a gun shop in Washington. I had never seen "Independence" ammo before, but it said made by "ammunition Acessories inc", Lewiston, ID. Figured if it's Lewiston, it must be made by ATK, (CCI, Speer) so I bought a box for $10.99. Got back to the motel, and googled the company, and sure enough, it's a division of Speer. Comparing it to the blazer brass in my .380, it's the same, except for the markings. It is 90gr, as opposed to 95gr for the Blazer. What discernable differences, if any, will I see with the 5 grain difference?

2. dbfxdm

dbfxdm New Member

Nov 9, 2008
    It might be a little lighter on recoil although it may not be noticeable. I shoot 180gr and 165gr through my XDm40 and the 165 is far more pleasant after 100 rounds or so.

I've been looking for some low cost 380 for a while and really haven't round any yet.

3. tommyray

tommyray New Member

Sep 2, 2008
    Well, I live about 500 yards from CCI/Speer, and the only .380 I can find in town is Blazer aluminum. That runs about 12-15 bucks. blazer brass .380 for about 14 bucks + S/H on line, so I was happy to find this Independence at $12.00.

tr

4. torrent

torrent Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2006
    I thnk I've posted this somewhere on here before and in that post I swore up and down that I would never shoot Independence ammo ever again. 5 grs won't make that big of a difference but only use that crap for range time. I don't care if it is made by the Pope and called Holy Buttwhoopin' shells, don't trust your life to them.

5. Cubriver_Kid

Cubriver_Kid New Member

Aug 8, 2008
    tr,

I've had good luck with indepedence ammo, seems to shoot fine. I even had some stamped blazer, so I believe they come from your end of the State. The stuff I've gotten here is 95gr.

CK

6. diesel350

diesel350 New Member

Sep 25, 2007
  7. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    The bigger the pill the stronger the medicine.

But, not worth a darn if the gun won't feed them or the shooter can't control them.