9 round mag

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by jrayborn, May 21, 2011.

1. jrayborn

jrayborn New Member

Jan 29, 2011
    Does anyone know if there are any issues with reliability and the 9 round mags for the P3AT?

2. djturnz

djturnz New Member

Feb 12, 2005
    I bought a 9 round mag recently at a gun show. I wanted it for when I only carry the P3AT and need a spare mag. I used it for the first time at a pistol match on Sunday. I didn't put a ton of rounds through it, but it went without a hitch. I hope to put 50 or so through it plus some carry ammo before I declare it GOOD. It is weird with the grip being longer than the gun.

3. illogicalmethod

illogicalmethod Active Member

Jun 7, 2005
    The only issues I've encountered with mine, is that there is a space between the handle of the gun and where the handle extension on the magazine begins. Just enough to pinch your finger, especially on recoil. This might not be the same for every mag, but that is what it is for mine.

Other than that, mine has worked without a hitch so far.

4. jrayborn

jrayborn New Member

Jan 29, 2011
    Thanks for the positive replies guys, looks like I'll pick one up!

5. Benroy31nick

Benroy31nick New Member

May 26, 2011
  6. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    I've had mine for some time now and it has functioned without issue. I'll use it some at the range but it is primarily my carry back-up mag.

Bill K.

7. ejs54

ejs54 New Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Plastic material that grips the metal part (this part is same length as regular mags) was thin enough to separate from the main housing. Basically this is a grip extension that holds extra rounds. Maybe they have improved their design since then. I was one of the first to order when they came out.

8. joedew2

joedew2 New Member

Jun 28, 2011
    The wife likes the 9 round mag, she can hold on to it better. I may loose this gun to her.. :'(

9. Toney_D

Toney_D Active Member

Aug 14, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Yeah it's happened to me!!!

10. Hikerman

Hikerman New Member

Jun 5, 2009
    I have 2 nine round mags and they are great............takes that whip down a lot :cool:

11. USMCTimmy6216

USMCTimmy6216 New Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Havelock NC

i dont have this problem, 1) my wife think all my keltecs are ugly. 2) she carries a .410 judge.

i have 2 9 rounders and aside form making the gun long, they work great. havent had a problem with them yet and put 500+ rounds between the two of em