9 round mag for P3AT

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by rwschill, May 5, 2011.

1. rwschill

rwschill New Member

Feb 24, 2008
    Anyone with experience with the (9) round mag for the 380? Does it function as good as the regular mags?

2. Bilbo

Bilbo Member

Feb 16, 2011
    My personal experience is not too good, but I take the problem with my limp-wristing as a possible problem.  Basically for me in two sessions, I get stove pipes at round 8.  If I can't fix this problem on my next time out I plan to contact KT and ask for advice to make it work much more reliabily. :)

3. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Slightly bend your elbow(s) and lock your wrists. Let the gun use your arms to support the physics of the gun to ensure the slide travels fully to the rear. On top of that, use grease on the rails instead of just oil. I use Tetra Grease; it stays put. My P3AT has NEVER jammed or otherwise failed in any way whatsoever.

It is possible that you're having trouble with the longer mag. Some have had reliability issues with the basic finger extension. I know that when I'm shooting my Walther PPS that I have no trouble at all with the 5 or 6 round mags. However, when I use the 7 round mag, I'm nowhere near as accurate. As best as I can tell, my little finger just doesn't like the 7 round mag bottom. :-/