Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I was killing paper targets at the range and my 9 round mag fell apart. The extended 3 round piece just broke off. So, I eliminated the part and turned it into a stock 6 rounder. Seems to be working okay. Anyone else run into this problem?

·
Registered
589 Posts
Hi all,

I was killing paper targets at the range and my 9 round mag fell apart. The extended 3 round piece just broke off. So, I eliminated the part and turned it into a stock 6 rounder. Seems to be working okay. Anyone else run into this problem?
I have one of those paper killing 9 rounders, but no issu to date. Good that you were able to salvage a 6 rounder from it

·
Registered
9,377 Posts
Not with a KT, but I have had a Glock +2 extension blow off and spew rounds & parts all over when I dropped it on the living room carpet.

They all went in the trash as soon as I could finish taking the others off.

rc

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
The first one I had had big gap between grip and mag poly top. So I made a lil' spacer and super glued it. Then it worked a while till it blew up too! I saved the metal too and salvaged a 6 rnd mag.

But ,, I just bought a new one from r&dpersonalprotection.com

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess I'll be happy with the two 6 rounders. The extra 3 rounds was nice, but, tended to defeat the conceal-ability of the gun. I might have to trim a little off the spring though, the tension from the 9 round mag seems a little stiff.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mikelecka, I knew about a lot of gun sites (pun intended), never heard of r&dpersonalprotection.com thank you for sharing it!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Don't trim spring fiddlesticks ! just break it in.

stakley629, you are welcome, talk to Robert when you call. He is very knowledgeable, knows all the stories in the neighborhood. Stick with keltec.

The new 3rd kt380 is running 100% Sunday with that new mag. Keltec has something you can't get around. After a G27 & a new kahr380 I find myself reaching for the carry of keltec.

One member said here the other nite, "keltec, a tinker'ers dream"... That's really true, ...

I buy strikehold from Robert to clean pistols then blow em out with air then that thick oily breakfree LPS or what ever it is.. Then blow that out too, that stuff made pistols run noticeably better Sunday morning. I have done trigger mod and platings at CCR and next a new gunsmith for some question and tuning down about 20 miles.

"leave a lamp on"

·
Registered
28 Posts
I used to have one of the +3 mags but it induced a few failure to feed instances (I'm pretty sure that's what it is was). I emailed Kel Tec about it and they allowed me to ship it back to them in exchange for a new standard mag. The new mag arrived in 4 days and the gun has been 100% ever since.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just got one and it functioned perfectly. Also it makes shooting the P-3AT way more comfortable. Now with that being said I still use the 6 round magazine with the +1 extension for front pocket carry and with a second 6 round magazine with +1 extension for a total of 15 rounds of hornady critical defense with one in the chamber. The 9 round is awesome for range practice or for using as the spare/reload magazine but is to long and made it hard to draw from the pocket holster at least for me. YMMV

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine worked fine for a while, then the plastic on the extension just disintegrated. I kinda like it better as a six rounder, it's more practical as a pocket pistol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts