850sub's RDB

Discussion in 'RDB Bullpup Rifle' started by 850sub, Oct 11, 2017 at 9:53 PM.

1. 850sub

850sub Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Pensacola
    I wanted a thread to keep up with my RDB. I picked it up last week and put 9 rounds through it. No sights. The bolt locked open on last round. So I went through my parts bin. I found a set of Magpul BUS and mounted it. And put some rail covers on. Took the KSG AFG that was on Black Betty (My S2K-40 parkerized Glock mag) and put it on the bottom rail. This is only experimental. This gives me a short and long grip options.[​IMG]

Liberty4Ever likes this.

2. 850sub

850sub Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Pensacola
    I put over 150 rounds through her.
    5 at a time for a while to test lrbho.
    Worked every time.
    I have the same issues others have reported. Stanag mags are a no go. Loose/falling out, had a ftfire.
    No problems with factory mag and 30 Rd Magpul mags.
    Here's the last 30 rounds with 5 round strings on 3" targets at 25 yards. Supported (elbows) at 25 yards. .223 55gr ammo.[​IMG]

3. Liberty4Ever

Liberty4Ever Moderator Supporter

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    That first three rounds with BUIS at 25 yards looks pretty good. Hard to beat three holes touching.

I've found the RDB to be easy to shoot and accurate. I'm now of an age that open sights are becoming challenging. I want optics on everything now.

One surprise with the RDB is that I need hearing protection to dry fire it. It's a bullpup thing. :)

I should do some running and gunning with the RDB. It seems great for that purpose once the manual of arms is well established and the shooter's head is in RDB mode.

Edited To Add: On that first picture, of your RDB, I think you used a little too much Vaseline on the lens. I know that soft out-of-focus look is trendy for cheesecake shots, but it can be overdone. :D

850sub likes this.
  4. BlakeHanson

BlakeHanson Well-Known Member

May 31, 2015
    I think that was his romantic, honeymoon-night pic lol.gif .

850sub likes this.
  5. 850sub

850sub Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Pensacola
    I love the AK long stroke design.
    Also if it had to make the moon shot,
    It could pack pretty small with a basic breakdown.[​IMG]

6. 850sub

850sub Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Pensacola
    It is really this easy to breakdown and clean![​IMG]

7. BlakeHanson

May 31, 2015
    Looks like something the BG assassin on 007 opens up in a briefcase and assembles:eek:.
    thumbsup.gif

8. 850sub

850sub Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Pensacola
    So, what do y'all do to remove the "cosmoline" the factory applied?

9. BlakeHanson

May 31, 2015
    Umm, hand it to a lot of friends to shoot it first? huh.gif :D

10. iamscottasus

iamscottasus Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Factory Cosmoline? Thats too good for KT. Im happy just to get a FA that isn't defective.

11. 850sub

850sub Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Pensacola
    I was pleasantly surprised to see how clean she was after shooting it. She is very fun to shoot!
    If you are on the fence about the RDB, don't be! No regrets. She is a wonderfully well balanced rifle.
    The mag release is perfectly intuitive. Great design. Left or right charging handle I thought, but don't see it in the manual.
    I think after break in, she may take top spot for range day!

Liberty4Ever likes this.
  12. 850sub

850sub Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Pensacola
    I decided I'm not going to worry about the exterior coating the factory applied to the steel parts.
    It shoots great. I haven't been this excited about a gun purchase since I bought a KSG!

Well, the M1carbine was/is pretty cool