50 round drum in SU-22

Discussion in 'SU-22' started by ktwm, Oct 23, 2009.

1. ktwm

ktwm Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2004
    Black dog Magazine (formally Black Dog Machine) has just released a 50 round drum for the AR-15 conversions and SU-22/PLR-22.

here's a video of it in the SU-22 [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww4YJbtIrcQ[/ame]

I should have a sample in my hands in a few days, and if anyone is interested, Kel-Tec may stock some too. I don't have a definite price, but I believe it is somewhere in the $80 range.  I believe they can currently be purchsed direct from BDM.

2. Whodat

Whodat New Member

Jun 20, 2008
    Yea! Baby. Now I can run thru a Winchester 333 or 555 box in no time at all  :eek: ;D :D.

3. amaff

amaff New Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Yes!!! For when the zombie squirrel apocalypse is upon us!!!

4. Liberty4Ever

Liberty4Ever Moderator Supporter

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    Will Kel-Tec be making the SU-22 in a full auto configuration?  ;D
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiwzdC6sa6Y[/ame]

The side bar says...

5. ktwm

ktwm Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2004
  6. ktwm

ktwm Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2004
    Got the sample and tested it out. It is nice and easy to load with the thumb tab.

No problem bump-firing all 50 rounds ;D
    It functioned great.

only down side is no bolt hold open follower. But the ease of loading makes up for that.

7. carmike442

carmike442 New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    Grrr.... Something else I'm going to need want. ;)

8. LowCapacity

LowCapacity New Member

Feb 22, 2009
    ugh! I just passed up a SU-22 for $339 at the local shop, if I knew about this new BDM drum I probably wouldn't have! 50 rounds of .22 as fast as you can pull the trigger... God bless America!

9. new_cal_shooter

new_cal_shooter New Member

Nov 6, 2009
    I think you really only need one of the drums if you have a full auto like in the video they have, but semi auto may be over kill, .22 is getting more expensive these days... but sure is fun!

10. LowCapacity

LowCapacity New Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Well since I finally bought a SU-22 a few weeks ago I decided to take advantage of the big sale at BDM's site and bought two drums. They seem very robust and well made and load easy as pie. I'm hoping to get to use them this weekend if the weather is decent, will give a range report afterwards.

11. hilljack

hilljack Active Member

Jan 21, 2005
    Nice.

They have a holiday sale, 25% off for purchases over $100.

http://blackdogmachinellc.net/

Drums are $80, guess that means you have to buy 2 of them.   :D

12. LowCapacity

LowCapacity New Member

Feb 22, 2009

You could just buy a standard mag to get over $100 but I did decide to get two drums, and glad I did!

13. Liberty4Ever

Liberty4Ever Moderator Supporter

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    I'm guessing your username is LowCapacity as a joke, like calling a fat guy "Tiny".

14. LowCapacity

LowCapacity New Member

Feb 22, 2009
    I'm guessing your username is LowCapacity as a joke, like calling a fat guy "Tiny".
    [/quote]

heh, my 50+ AR mags, 20+ AK mags (and a 75rd drum), 10 G3 mags, 10 FAL mags, 10 GSG-5 mags, 5 TI-25s for the 10/22, dozen+ G17 and G18 mags, multiple 10 and 12rd mags for the Saiga-12 (plus a 20rd drum) would indeed confirm its a joke, lol.

15. CountVonC4

CountVonC4 New Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Oh my gord! Um first of all, this is completely unnecessary overkill...and i want one beyond bad! I've seen the 'lower capacity', HA!, 165 rounder in action before, but 275 rounds!!! What kind of awesome is that! Is it expensive considering ya got to pick up the adapter as well...heck yes it is! Is it worth it? Maybe. If by some glorious act i end up with this set up i promise you this, i will make a 'reliability' vid bump firing every stinkin round. I wonder if the SU22 could actually handle that test? I think someone should beat me to that challenge! Hint hint!

16. Suga_Sean

Suga_Sean New Member

Jun 16, 2011
    I have personally put 200 rds through the one I purchased after I bought my plr22 and works like a charm. Wish I could get a deal on a few at the gun show. I need abut 6 of these just to have fun with.