.50 cal Coehorn Mortar barrel for sale (Sold!)

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Tractiongrips, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Tractiongrips

Tractiongrips New Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Bethlehem, GA
    I finished a mortar barrel the other day and listed it on ebay.  I try to list a few every year before the 4th of July, but this year I've been busy and only had time to build one so far.  I just thought somebody here may be interested, especially with the 4th coming quickly.  The barrel is listed with the vent not meeting the bore, but I can finish the hole at no additional cost so the mortar can be fired.  It uses black powder or substitutes, and .50 cal muzle loader balls.  If somebody her on KTOG buys it I'll throw in a free set of grips with the purchase, with mention of KTOG with payment.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=220432993663[highlight]SOLD!!![/highlight]

2. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Re: .50 cal Coehorn Mortar barrel for sale

got a sled for it?

3. Tractiongrips

Tractiongrips New Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Bethlehem, GA
    Re: .50 cal Coehorn Mortar barrel for sale

I don't have a sled for this one. I need to build a few of those too, but woodworking isn't my specialty and I'm so limited on free time that I barely had time to get this barrel knocked out. I've made them before from small pieces of red oak I bought at Home Depot. I've got pictures of sleds to base the design on if somebody was interested. Most people don't have the equipment to make the barrel, but have a few hand tools to build the base to complete their own custom built mortar.