50 Beowulf 7.5” SBR

Discussion in 'Other Guns' started by jeanclaudesegal, Oct 22, 2018.

1. jeanclaudesegal

jeanclaudesegal Member

Oct 14, 2014
    Thought I would share one of my lost videos that I recently found.

Liberty4Ever likes this.
  2. Liberty4Ever

Liberty4Ever Moderator Moderator Supporter

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    Sorry for reanimating a zombie thread, but I've been working on an obsession lately for building a 50 Beowulf AR-15 pistol with an SBA3 pistol brace. Lil' Thumper. That video didn't help. :)

3. jeanclaudesegal

jeanclaudesegal Member

Oct 14, 2014
    My video is not a tutorial video on how to build a compact beowulf . It was to show others chronograph results when your barrel is shortened at 7.5”

4. Liberty4Ever

Liberty4Ever Moderator Moderator Supporter

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    I wasn't expecting a build tutorial. When I said the video didn't help, I was jokingly saying that it made me want to build my crazy 50 Beowulf pistol. I was jokingly saying that your awesome video was encouraging me toward the crazy end of the spectrum that I love. :)

Very nice SBR! Thanks for the video. The idea of 500 S&W Magnum performance in a seven shot AR pistol is definitely growing on me. This is exactly how these crazy obsessions become crazy realities.

I reload and I already cast and powder coated approximately 30 pounds of 440 gr bullets for 50 Beowulf. I have a good AR brass catcher so my cost to shoot 50 Beowulf isn't much at all.

50Beowulf-440gr-AccurateMold-PowderCoatedBulletInTheHand-20171207_185133-small.jpg

I'm thinking of a 10" or 12" barrel on the AR pistol, and I woke up this morning thinking this might be a good application for an angled foregrip. The BATFE has ruled those are legal on a pistol. Then again, they previously said that bump stocks aren't machine guns on numerous occasions and now, suddenly, by executive decree, they are. I guess I can easily remove an AFG once that goes on the growing infringement list.

lklawson likes this.
  5. Be50w

Be50w Member

Aug 9, 2020

6. Be50w

Be50w Member

Aug 9, 2020
    What kind of set up up you got there.
    Very nice.