.45 acp 1911 MechTech CCU (No longer for sale)

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by IslandTimes, Nov 17, 2010.

1. IslandTimes

IslandTimes New Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Like it says, I'm selling a MechTech CCU in .45 acp fitted for a 1911.

Bought two of these, one in .460 rowland and this one in .45 acp. Discovered that I could shoot .45 acp out of the .460 rowland shortly after purchase, and never bothered firing this one. I have paired it with a pistol to make sure everything lines up correctly and the bolt cycles properly, but besides that, it's new.

[​IMG]

Basic upper carbine for 1911 chambered in .45 acp. Factory additions of monorail, telestock, and m16 front and rear sights. Total cost of package was over $600. This does not qualify as a firearm and my be shipped directly to you. Check your local laws to make sure you can own it.

For more info, check out:
    http://www.mechtechsys.com/

Comes with everything pictured for $500 shipped, or without m16 sights, $500 shipped. Prefer USPS Money Order. I'm in Mississippi and will drive a couple of hours to meet you.

May consider trades. Especially looking for a .458 socom AR upper. Also looking for a good lever gun in .444 marlin. Have an open mind, so if you have something to trade just let me know. If you're looking to trade a pistol though, need to wait until after christmas for FFL transfer. Not really interested in revolvers unless there's something special about it. I hope to get my CCW soon and am looking for some good, reliable autos, from subcompact up to a full sized in 9mm, .40, 10mm, .45acp and such calibers. For the right gun I could probably throw in some cash too.

For sale locally and in another forum. Not for sale anymore, decided to keep it.

More pictures posted below.

If you have any questions let me know.

Thanks!

2. IslandTimes

IslandTimes New Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Re: .45 acp 1911 MechTech CCU

So I'm traveling from north Mississippi (Oxford) to the coast tomorrow. If anyone will meet me somewhere along the way I'll part with her minus the m16 front and rear sights for $425. Special discount is because I won't have to worry about packing and shipping! ;D

I periodically travel from north to south Mississippi, so can meet you somewhere. Hopefully heading to the Austin, TX area in mid January if that helps.

3. AdioSS

AdioSS Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Re: .45 acp 1911 MechTech CCU (Special Pricing)!

I've never heard of those before. That's a pretty nifty idea!

4. jeepster09

jeepster09 New Member

Jul 31, 2010

I am interested.....could you post picture of the other one assembled? Very intriguing... So does it install on a 1911?
    Do you know if it would work on my Para Ordnance P14.45 double stack 1911?

5. IslandTimes

IslandTimes New Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Orlando, FL

On the 1911, you field strip the pistol, removing the slide and barrel. The lower half then slides into the MechTech upper, and the slide release pin is used to secure the two halves together. I'll get some more pictures up soon, just have to charge the camera.

EDIT: Looks like the battery wasn't the problem, the whole camera is dead. I'll borrow my neighbor's camera in the morning a get some picks up asap.

6. IslandTimes

IslandTimes New Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Orlando, FL

Here's my 1911 with the .460 MechTech. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And here's the .45 acp MechTech upper that's for sale.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. IslandTimes

IslandTimes New Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Orlando, FL

Sorry, didn't see your second question. If it's a para you may have to buy a little adapter piece. That's what their website says anyway.

8. IslandTimes

IslandTimes New Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Orlando, FL

FTF pricing is still the same as listed above, but I'll go $550 shipped, or $500 shipped without M16 sights. Prefer USPS money order.

9. IslandTimes

IslandTimes New Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Re: .45 acp 1911 MechTech CCU (Updated Pricing)

Bump for updated pricing. :cool:

10. biozzcx

biozzcx Active Member

May 12, 2006

An off topic question: are the outer diameters of barrels the same for 45 acp and 460 Rowland? I'm thinking to re-reamor my 1911 CCU to 460 Rowland. BTW, the price is great for such a fun toy.
    Good luck!

Paul

11. IslandTimes

IslandTimes New Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Orlando, FL

From what I've read, the case for the .460 Rowland is 1/16 inch longer than a .45 acp case. Besides that, everything else is supposed to be the same. The only reason there is a difference in case length is because a Rowland is fired with a higher pressure, so they needed a way to make sure that people wouldn't stick this higher pressure round in lower quality chambers that can't handle the pressure.

And yes, it really is a fun toy! I'm kinda tempted to just keep it anyway.

12. IslandTimes

IslandTimes New Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Yep, decided that I'm gonna keep this. Took it out shooting with the family yesterday and decided that both are just too much fun. ;D

Happy Holidays!