Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is 155 grain silver tip hps to light to be shooting during the initial break in with my .40. Just curious as I have a good amout these and wondering if anyone has shot any out of their sub.

·
Super Moderator
17,763 Posts
Won't hurt anything to try. The .40's don't seem to be as ammo finicky for break in as the 9mm's. If you experience FTEjects than you may need to go a little heavier for your break in.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have put every kind of ammo through my .40 Sub2k, and never had a problem at all. I've used silver tips with no issue at all, and I've even used 135gr HPs with no issue.

180gr +P ammo hurts after about 30 rounds though. :/

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm hoping I can get out and shoot in the next couple of days and ill provide a range report on how the fire

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just went out and tried to shoot 185 grain hp reloads and out of 11 four failed to cycle or feed. I just bought this gun second hand and do not have any information on why the previous owner sold it.I was using 5.5 grains of bulls eye.don't have any problem with my Glocks with this load.Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks Bob

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just went out and tried to shoot 185 grain hp reloads and out of 11 four failed to cycle or feed. I just bought this gun second hand and do not have any information on why the previous owner sold it.I was using 5.5 grains of bulls eye.don't have any problem with my Glocks with this load.Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks Bob
Bob,
I would try factory box ammo and see what that does. Try that first to get a baseline.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks !! I'll give it a try.After reading all the good reports no the sub 2000's;I figured it would take anything.Haven't bought a box of factory stuff for over 20 years.Guess I'll have to break down and spend a buck.
Thanks Bob

·
Registered
3 Posts
RE HP Reloads

Went out yesterday with 155gr hp reloads and they all ran through fine.both hps were Remington.The only difference is the hollow point hole is bigger in the 155 grn.Also the 155s were laded with 6 grains of Bullseye.Bought a box but never shot them as the reloads worked fine.Also shot HSM Hps which worked fine.My only conclusion is that 5.5 grns was not enough to completely cycle
the gun with the heavier bullet.

·
Registered
835 Posts
After shooting about 100 rds of winchester WB, I decided to shoot up some odds and ends of HP carry ammo..I cleaned it before shooting the HP..I had about 50 rds or more of different hp AMMO different bullet weights and mfgrs..I had zero issues with the 40 cal HP's..
I feel it important to note, that I keep this weapon clean and clean it after each range use...Just me..But zero issues..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts