Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I was a little disappointed today. My accuracy was WAY off with the 3AT, and it is still brutal to my hand, which do not like.

I had 2 failures to go into battery with S&B ammo, and I do blame the ammo because it had one issue in my bersa as well, so I will never be using S&B again.

I am hitting pretty low with it, but that could be because I was shooting my PF-9 before and was hitting low with that as well... who knows..

I am thinking of getting rid of it and the PF-9 and just getting a Kahr CW9. I will sleep on it tonight and make up my mind tomorrow.

I really do want to like this pistol, but if I can't use it when I need it, then it goes.

Now the bersa on the other hand is a little tack driver... VERY accurate.

·
Registered
9,377 Posts
It's very doubtful it is the S&B ammo causing the failure to go into battery.

This is a known new-gun P3AT issue during break-in, and it happens regardless of the ammo brand.

It may in fact be going into battery and then bouncing back open slightly. Then there isn't enough spring energy to fully close it again due to friction somewhere.

Try greasing the barrel locking cam & pin, frame rails, and also the foreword edge of the barrel chamber area where it locks into the slides ejection port.

Something is dragging and causing the failure to go into battery. It usually goes away after 200 - 300 break-in rounds.

rcmodel

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
+1 I shoot a lot of S&B ammo and find it very reliable and near the upper end of the power range in .32 and 380 ACP. Remember to that the shooter has a lot to do with reliability in autoloading pistols.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Limpwristing can be a problem but easily corrected. The only ammo that I have had trouble with was Wolf.

Accuracy will improve with practice. Besides, how accurate can you be with a mousegun? And for carry purposes, you can't beat it.

Good Luck!!

G

·
since receiving my new slide replacement, I had only shot my 380 50 rounds (flawlessly), today went out and fired another 75 through it (flawlessly), Today I had the jfb washer in it, just for safety sakes, Not  IMO good to go yet but sure getting there. Washer seems to be doing its job..Also another 100 through my Kahr pm9 (flawlessly) 3600 total now...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rcmodel said:
It's very doubtful it is the S&B ammo causing the failure to go into battery.

This is a known new-gun P3AT issue during break-in, and it happens regardless of the ammo brand.

It may in fact be going into battery and then bouncing back open slightly. Then there isn't enough spring energy to fully close it again due to friction somewhere.

Try greasing the barrel locking cam & pin, frame rails, and also the foreword edge of the barrel chamber area where it locks into the slides ejection port.

Something is dragging and causing the failure to go into battery. It usually goes away after 200 - 300 break-in rounds.

rcmodel
I have greased the **** out of it and I have also buffed it a bit. Right now I think I have about 130 or so rounds through it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ole miss rebel said:
Limpwristing can be a problem but easily corrected. The only ammo that I have had trouble with was Wolf.

Accuracy will improve with practice. Besides, how accurate can you be with a mousegun? And for carry purposes, you can't beat it.

Good Luck!!
Accurate enough for me to hit the bad guy and not the person behind him/her.

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
erikd65 said:
Well, I was a little disappointed today. My accuracy was WAY off with the 3AT...
How far are you shooting from?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.