Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a Tula/Sako Mosin Nagant M91, 1895 to match my 1895 Mauser. I think I'm ready if the Spanish ever decide to blow up another one of our ships or invade the US with their muskets. Blue is almost 100%, about 95% or so.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Like to have one of those to go with my 1895 Winchester, .303 No.1 MkIII Efield, 03A1 Springfield, and my 98 Mauser (8mm). Sweet rifle.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We'll see about a range report. It's been rainy here, and supposed to rain this weekend. I hope to get there in the enxt couple weeks but the wife is working the next 2 weekends. After cleaning I plan to only shoot non corrosive commercial ammo thru it for now. For it's age, it's in good shape. Wish I could say the same for myself.:eek:

·
Registered
309 Posts
I picked up a 1938 Tula Mosin Nagant a while back. I enjoy it a lot. Interesting history in them weapons. Fun to shoot... not alot though... gets to the shoulder.

·
Registered
9,389 Posts
I know that Russian's give thier boats male names. Not sure about thier guns. Egor, Vald, Ivan...?
Neat looking piece you have thier. How many of these Iphone, Egizmos, Youwhatnots will be worth anyting in 2112? None. But my Guns, if well take care of, will still be making noise. :D

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Anastasia. The royal family was still in power when she was made. :)
That's pretty good, sounds nice. I thought Alexandra was the last wife of a czar though. The only guns I have so far that have male names are my Saigas, Ivan the Terrible S308, and Ivan the Great S7.62x39, and my shotgun, Leroy Brown. All the rest are female names. The pistols remain nameless. Vlad would be a great name for a mosin though, with it's 4 ft spike bayonet.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
wood is a little dark but it looks like some amazing grain in it (?). I would not touch it, but, its in there.

I may have to get one of those enfields people keep talking about. Mostly just sticking with my 1909 arg.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, the wood is dark, but of all the antique Mosins I've seen lately, they all have a dark stock and lighter handguard. This rifle had by far the best blueing out of all of them. I got it to keep my Chilean 1895 Mauser (cheap project rifle) company. The two old timers can tell stories of war. As my Saigas, KelTec, Marlin, and Rem700 are like "WTF is a war?" My nicest rifle was an Argentino Modelo 1891 Mauser. Most beautiful Mauser in my opinion, but sold it to pay off bills and regret selling it to this day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts