Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I just started a new thread on the magazine holder. Earlier I designed a magazine holder with M-LOK mount (https://www.thektog.org/threads/3d-printed-spare-magzine-holder-with-functional-mag-release.274000/). My plan was to design a holder that mounts to the stock and another holder that mounts on the picatinny rail. Then I was thinking, wait, how about I design an adapter that mounts on the stock and has picatinny rail on the other side then I just have to design one mounting option for the holder. So here is the stock mount picatinny rail design (2 pieces design):

3d print (from a slight earlier design)

Installation

The mounting screw was designed to use M2 but I could not find appropriate size have to use M3 and that created some problem. M2 screw kit is on order with Amazon.

Now I can add picatinny mounting to the existing magazine holder design:

Unfortunately the 3d printer started acting up and AmazonBasic filament messed up, too (BTW I will never again buy AmazonBasic filament, gives me problems all the time). It took me some time to sort out things but the print is not quite the quality I would expect. Regardless ...

The picatinny mounting tab on the holder has some issues (too thin) I need to fix. Otherwise it should be pretty close to finish. I would then upload the STL files for anyone who would like to give it a try.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Current design does not put any modifications to the stock itself. It does look a little bit bulky though. I might end up drilling holes on the stock to make the picatinny rail mounting more compact. Too many things to try ...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Your projects are useful, informative and entertaining as well. If you take requests... I'd like to see what a version of your mag holder would look like enclosed at the end to keep out crud and protect the ammo.

Maybe for an encore alter the holder to mount interface so the mag body lays horizontal and runs parallel with the rifles receiver tube.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks user name for the feedback! I am open to suggestions just cannot promise when/if I will implement the feature.

Now get back to your suggestions, the first one is pretty straightforward I can extend the tube and close at the top. The second should not be too hard, either. In fact there is a very short picatinny rail on the bottom of the stock which could make things even easier. The only concern is the stress on the material when mounting horizontally on one end, which is probably subject to test

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also have this idea that put picatinny adapter on the top to mount the magazine vertically on bottom picatinny rail. Too many ideas and too little time ...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh the other thing, to capture the idea into CAD program is not that hard. Sometimes the more difficult part is to optimize the design so that it can be fabricated with 3d printing. Or you either face with something not printable at all, or lots of mess to clean up post printing. In certain case anisotropic nature of the material has to be considered to get the best mechanical property

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks user name for the feedback! I am open to suggestions just cannot promise when/if I will implement the feature.

Now get back to your suggestions, the first one is pretty straightforward I can extend the tube and close at the top. The second should not be too hard, either. In fact there is a very short picatinny rail on the bottom of the stock which could make things even easier. The only concern is the stress on the material when mounting horizontally on one end, which is probably subject to test
I created another thread dedicated to picatinny mounting magazine holder (with several mounting options and closed top):
https://www.thektog.org/threads/3d-...catinny-mounting-options-stl-uploaded.274042/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.