3AT ejection question

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by cliff, Jan 2, 2011.

1. cliff

cliff New Member

Dec 20, 2010
    Hi, Picked up a new PF9 a couple of weeks ago at a gun show and I really like it, but my wife says it is worse than our .38 Taurus snubby for recoil. Went to the gun show yesterday and picked up a new P-3AT (the durn "green" plastic, but it does have the Parkerized slide like I wanted) Seems to shoot fine with only 1 failure to extract and that was with the 1st round of my proposed carry ammo of Ranger 124 gr. (about all theself defense .380 ammo left at the show), the following 25 or so were fine. I noticed with both the Ranger and practice JHP's (winchester white box and PMC) that this thng ejects almost sraight up! My gun club indoor range master wasn't real happy with the chips I took out of the accoustic ceiling tiles which are about 18" above our firing positions. :) Also, most of the brass has a preety good dent in the lip area. Anyone else notice any of this with the 3AT?

2. sr5mike

sr5mike New Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Was this gun new or used?

3. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    the p3at does not eject spent brass....It launches them into orbit ;D

for example, to test recoil springs, I hold the gun gansta about 4' above the ground and measure where the spents land, over 15' is the norm

the spent brass case mouths are "D" shaped

4. cliff

cliff New Member

Dec 20, 2010
    Thanks, sounds like mines normal then. ;D

5. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    here is a post showing ejection

6. JackedP3AT

JackedP3AT New Member

Jan 2, 2011
    Mine FLINGs them out..

7. Ka6otm

Ka6otm New Member

Sep 12, 2007
    While mine does launch them into the next zip code, it doesn't dent the mouths much (barely perceptible).

At the indoor range last Wednesday, we found empties 4 positions to the left of me, so I was hitting the ceiling, getting a bank shot off the wall to the right of me around 10 feet, and then going another 15 feet or so to my left.

8. rcmodel

rcmodel New Member

Feb 6, 2005
    Eastern Kansas
    Well, he must be unhappy with a lot of people then.

The K-T is not the only gun ever made that throws brass like that.
    And 18" is childs play!

I had a German Luger once, that when shooting WWII German surplus ammo threw cases so high you could almost reload the mag with loose ammo again before they all came back down!!

I'd venture a guess that gun & ammo combo would have made confetti out of his ceiling tile and scrap metal out of the hanger brackets.

rc