Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Picked up a new PF9 a couple of weeks ago at a gun show and I really like it, but my wife says it is worse than our .38 Taurus snubby for recoil. Went to the gun show yesterday and picked up a new P-3AT (the durn "green" plastic, but it does have the Parkerized slide like I wanted) Seems to shoot fine with only 1 failure to extract and that was with the 1st round of my proposed carry ammo of Ranger 124 gr. (about all theself defense .380 ammo left at the show), the following 25 or so were fine. I noticed with both the Ranger and practice JHP's (winchester white box and PMC) that this thng ejects almost sraight up! My gun club indoor range master wasn't real happy with the chips I took out of the accoustic ceiling tiles which are about 18" above our firing positions. :) Also, most of the brass has a preety good dent in the lip area. Anyone else notice any of this with the 3AT?

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
the p3at does not eject spent brass....It launches them into orbit ;D

for example, to test recoil springs, I hold the gun gansta about 4' above the ground and measure where the spents land, over 15' is the norm

the spent brass case mouths are "D" shaped

·
Registered
441 Posts
While mine does launch them into the next zip code, it doesn't dent the mouths much (barely perceptible).

At the indoor range last Wednesday, we found empties 4 positions to the left of me, so I was hitting the ceiling, getting a bank shot off the wall to the right of me around 10 feet, and then going another 15 feet or so to my left.

·
Registered
9,377 Posts
cliff said:
My gun club indoor range master wasn't real happy with the chips I took out of the accoustic ceiling tiles which are about 18" above our firing positions. :)
Well, he must be unhappy with a lot of people then.

The K-T is not the only gun ever made that throws brass like that.
And 18" is childs play!

I had a German Luger once, that when shooting WWII German surplus ammo threw cases so high you could almost reload the mag with loose ammo again before they all came back down!!

I'd venture a guess that gun & ammo combo would have made confetti out of his ceiling tile and scrap metal out of the hanger brackets.

rc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts