Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what I am sporting now:

I have been in correspondance with goldenloki for his services one to do a fluff and bluff and 2 is his offer of performing duracoating work.  I can't decide on a color so I went to their website and took my fav. colors (well over 100) and crudely photoshopped them into this pic:

I am leaning to the royal blue or the Aug green for some reason...what do you guys think?

Also, I was able to find a actual job with a taurus  revolver so I threw it in there just for fun.

Does anybody have a duracoat job they would like to share?   :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Re: Help me chose which duracoate color.  pick a

I don't want to take the fun out of choosing for you but I personally like black.  If I had to choose I'd go with the titanium or stainless or maybe the combat green.

Please post some "after" pics if you get it done.

·
Registered
93 Posts

The blue looks great! They all look great spoil yourself and go with your heart.;D  Mine is OD green not my choice its all they had. I have grown to love it and no longer pine over black. I figure I will get another one someday anyway so then I can have my black also. ;) Now that I see these pic's the red looks realy nice to me! ;D

·
Registered
83 Posts

I personally agree with Hoopster that I prefer black. It's partially just personal preference there, but also because of concealment. A flash of color when you bend over is far more noticeable than a matte black. But if that's not a concern for you.. looks like they have so neat choices. What's the durability on that type of thing? With regular carry, how long do they say you should expect it to last? Have fun choosing your color!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Loganspawn said:
The blue looks great! They all look great spoil yourself and go with your heart.;D  Mine is OD green not my choice its all they had. I have grown to love it and no longer pine over black. I figure I will get another one someday anyway so then I can have my black also. ;) Now that I see these pic's the red looks realy nice to me! ;D
Want to trade?   ;D

Yeah, the more I look at it the more the OD green is calling my name.  You wouldn't happen to have a pic of yours would ya?

I do like the red and just as c0wbois said sometimes they can kinda stick out.  That and it kinda looks like a toy... hmm.

hoop, I did consider the titanium or stainless but I remember one time buying some "chrome" paint and the job didn't end up looking too good.  I concluded if I wanted that look I would do some type of ccr finish or nickle plate or something.

As for the longevity:
How durable is DuraCoat?
   DuraCoat is permanent. With normal use, a firearm finished with DuraCoat will last several lifetimes.
http://www.lauerweaponry.com/images/duracoat_faqs.cfm

·
Registered
5,606 Posts

First, welcome to KTOG CG! Glad to have you with us.

Second, I'm leaning toward the Aug Green one myself. Mine is HC so that look is getting old for me and that's probably why the green stands out. Do whatever works for you man and then show us the pics when it's all done. Nice lazer, BTW.

·
Registered
4,879 Posts

I like the Combat Green, Titanium, and Stainless. If I knew the Forest Green was a match for my O.D. PF-9, that's the way I'd go. On my P3AT, either of the silver colors would be my first choice. Please let us know how pleased you are with the duracoate. I am seriously considering going that route instead of plating.

·
Registered
467 Posts

Like others, I would prefer leaving it black. I'm not fond of the green-framed pistols, but going with the Aug Green would be unusual in that it would be an opposite of the standard green frame/black slide you usually see.

·
Registered
108 Posts

no dig intended but i certainly hope his work is better then those picutres look...

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

tweed said:
no dig intended but i certainly hope his work is better then those picutres look...
Hopefully he doesn't use microsoft paint like me.

I do have a springfield xd with a green frame and black slide so if I do a green slide and a black frame for trhe p3at then I guess that would be kind of kewl.

dobloon, thanks for the color. I am looking online but I can't seem to find it...

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

I do like the chrome/stainless look but I am worried it will come out too white.

Here is that titanium duracoat on a gluck:

this one too:

Guess it looks pretty good.  Almost a powder coating look...

·
Registered
108 Posts

man i thought those pics were off his site.. *L*

my 3at is Dblue w/hard chrome  so i would vote for the  titanium or silver ...

but maybe pink would be cool.... does he do the grip also ... you could get a nice
looke with like mauve grip and pink slide.... *LOL* just messing with ya....

·
Registered
376 Posts

Royal blue is looking sharp...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts