380 takes care of Trouble

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by riverkeeper, Jan 13, 2008.

1. riverkeeper

riverkeeper New Member

Aug 30, 2006
    Do not know if this was a P3 but the guy pulled it out of his pants pocket and used it effectively.

http://www.miamiherald.com/466/story/374864.html

Miami Hearld
    Posted on Thu, Jan. 10, 2008

Here is what happened, according to the Broward Sheriff's Office:

Around 5:20 p.m. Trouble broke through a screen on the rear patio at a home on the 4500 block of Northwest 16th Way. Children playing nearby screamed, ``Trouble is out.''

Hearing the commotion, Paulo Jean, 35, stepped outside his home next door. Trouble attacked him, biting his buttocks and both arms. Jean pulled a .380 semiautomatic handgun from his pants pocket and fired three shots.

Trouble died at the scene.

Jean was taken to Broward General Medical Center with serious injuries.

Broward County Animal Care and Regulation removed the dead dog and took another dog that also got loose from the same residence. The dogs' owner was not at home when the attack occurred.

Jean had a valid concealed weapons permit.

-- DIANA MOSKOVITZ

2. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    It really sucks when trouble bites you in the a$$. I've wondered once or twice how well the P3AT would do with pitbulls.

-Scott

3. John_W

John_W New Member

Oct 2, 2007
    Whatever it was, the handgun turned out to be an effective enough Troubleshooter. :eek:

4. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Oh it is going to be a long night/day...

5. riverkeeper

riverkeeper New Member

Aug 30, 2006
    Sounds like you are going to be Trouble tonight ... you ought to get to bed while you still can.

6. HET45

HET45 New Member

Mar 6, 2005
    Look guys, I don't want any Trouble here but I made my living as a Troubleshooter and never shot a gun doing it ;D :-/

7. jocko

jocko Guest

PITBULL would die just as fast from a 380,. oh my that kinda sounds like the voice of experience :eek:

8. A friend of mine had a pitt tearing up his chicken houses and  stealing his chickens.  One day the dog lunged at my friend, who promptly shot him in the NECK with a Ruger .45.

The dog loped off about 1/2 mile then died.

My buddy was upset because the .45 did not drop the dog instantly, so he wanted to trade me for an old worn out S&W duty carry .38 that I bought for $225 at a pawn shop!

I sold the Ruger for $350.

Go figure how some think!  The .45 did not produce an instant stop, so he wanted a .38?

9. Doc_Mark

Doc_Mark New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Hey, Guys,

I friend of mine, who was a Deputy Sheriff, once had to shoot a large German Shepard with his Walther PPK/S. He feels that the little popper probably saved him from much grief, but not quite fast enough! The dog attacked him and my friend pulled his Walther out and let fly, the dog kept on coming, and was not stopped until it already was upon him!! The very last shot from his Walther, was taken down through the top of the dog's head, just as it got to my friend!! :eek: :eek: He later told me that, in all his years as a LEO, that was the most scary thing that had ever happened to him, and that included having been in several firefights!! He later decided that the .380 wasn't "enough" gun, and went to a compact .45ACP as his BUG. I figure he probably missed that dog with all rounds except the last one, and that the .380 did just fine!! ;) :) Still, when you're looking at all those teeth, and each one has your name on it, you might wish for a 12 guage shotgun in your hands, instead of a .380, or any other pistol round!! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

10. Plex

Plex New Member

Feb 23, 2005
    Once while making wood, I encountered a racoon standing on hind legs that did not retreat when I rolled the Jeep past. Fearing I had a rabid racoon, and keeping 4 dogs, I decided to take him out. I emptied the P3AT into his head. Even blowing one eye out of its socket, the animal did not fall, nor die.

A couple more rounds from a 45 I retrieved from the house, COM, ended the story.

Do I still carry the .380? Yep, when I can't carry something bigger.

--Plex