380 review

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Rich62643, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Rich62643

Rich62643 New Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Check out this months issue of American Rifleman from the NRA. They reviewed 9 different 380's including the P3AT. Very interesting.

2. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Thanks for the heads up.

3. tactikel

tactikel New Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Great article -the  P-3AT did very well vs some very expensive (and heavy) competition.
    P.S. if you aren't a NRA member consider joining!! you'll help to preserve your 2nd A rights, and get at very good magazine.

4. fez

fez Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2009
    florida
    They all had some malfunctions except the Rohrough.Out of the box I would suspect.

5. Checker4Tix

Checker4Tix Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2007
    I noticed that too and found it very strange. Perhaps they should have chosen another/better shooter to do the testing. I can't believe all these guns had so many problems. I'd love to see a video clip of his experiences.

I also didn't much like his comments on the P3AT. The opening remarks at the beginning of the article trashed it a bit. But the Ruger LCP, which we all know is a bald faced copy of the P3AT, got a better initial review based principally on appearance. Of course, the LCP had ammo problems too, but...

I hope to read the article in more detail this weekend.

6. Rich62643

Rich62643 New Member

Sep 5, 2006
    I'm stickin with this

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. diamond

diamond New Member

Jan 18, 2010
    I don't blame you.

What is that "chrome" area near the muzzle?

8. foundatown

foundatown New Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Didn't much like the review. My P-3AT has been 100% out of the box. Not one failure of any kind.

9. diamond

diamond New Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Perhaps Rohrough "donated" more "assistance" to the magazine than some of the other gun manufacturers. ::) Oops, did I say that out loud? :-X

10. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    I call crap on this. I just looked at the article on the NRA's website. The prejudice is horrible. >:( Looking at the issues reported, I'd bet they took the guns out of the box and shot them without cleaning or lubing. Also, can we say Limpwristing?
    Seriously?

Oh, GOOD GRIEF?!?! Where do they include the truth? Oh, I know, NOWHERE!

11. foundatown

foundatown New Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Bill's ****ed! Preach it, brother!

12. haugrdr

haugrdr Super Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    When I first read that review, I thought to myself "well, this guy must be a Ruger fanboy"

Just the flavor of the two reviews, and they both say just about the same thing. But he obviously likes the Ruger better, for some unknown reason.

Slanted, to say the least.

And how many P3ATs have been sold? Compared to the LCP? Who started the interest?

13. diamond

diamond New Member

Jan 18, 2010
    I've only shot two kinds of ammo in mine, but it's been flawless.

I just typed up this review/range report yesterday after a fun time of shooting my P3AT for the first time on Friday.

Maybe my fluff and buff and cleaning made all the difference, but mine shot like a true champion.

"The gun is not easy to shoot" Really!?!? I shot over 100 rounds and wished I had brought more ammo.

too many sharp edges and corners What are they talking about!?!?

Here's my writeup.

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1264266070

14. MW_surveyor

MW_surveyor New Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder ;D

The only problem that I've had with the P-3AT was ammo related in that  the bullets were not seated properly.  LOA of the cartrige was just a bit out of spec. so no fault of the gun :)

As to being hard to shoot. This gun is a "natural" pointer for me. Alignment is great. Point and shoot. On target :)

15. Rich62643

Rich62643 New Member

Sep 5, 2006
    I don't blame you.  

What is that "chrome" area near the muzzle?[/quote]

Polished slide

16. diamond

diamond New Member

Jan 18, 2010
    I don't blame you.  

What is that "chrome" area near the muzzle?[/quote]

Polished slide
    [/quote]
    Looks nice. Very personalized.

17. chipo

chipo New Member

Jan 26, 2010
    Just got my P3AT at gun show in SE Missouri a couple of days before my copy showed up.  Although I've only been through 2 boxes of Aguila, I'd have to say either I got lucky or the article is somewhat biased.  I did a thorough cleaning / inspection, breakfree on the rails, then went out. Not a single malfunction so far.  More than accurate for the intended purpose.  The only problem I've noticed is trigger slap.....no different than my wife's LCP.

;D

18. diamond

diamond New Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Welcome. Jump on over to the new member section and introduce yourself.