Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I finally figured out where my brass was flying (tall grass on my own range) I notice that all the shells have a small dent in the side of it. Is this normal? This is my first centerfire pistol and have never saved my brass before. I traded for my 3-PAT and it has ran flawless, no failures of any kind.

Randy

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yeah, this is the normal in mine as well. Is it at the tip of the shell or more towards the middle?

"Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six."

-- Booker T. Washington

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
yea, save all your dent brass and sell it to me. The kt380 is rough on ejected brass. I will give a report soon ,, my kt380 is at Jim's gun jobbery to be "tune'ed"... One thing tuning does cover is direction of flying brass. Other companies that do theses services, are "slide & barrel"..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, this is the normal in mine as well. Is it at the tip of the shell or more towards the middle?

"Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six."

-- Booker T. Washington

Its more at the tip, I figured as far as the brass flies when it come out that was probably normal but wanted to ask.

My daughter likes to put on gloves and stand behind me and catch the brass!

Randy

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea, save all your dent brass and sell it to me. The kt380 is rough on ejected brass. I will give a report soon ,, my kt380 is at Jim's gun jobbery to be "tune'ed"... One thing tuning does cover is direction of flying brass. Other companies that do theses services, are "slide & barrel"..

Sorry Mike, I am going to keep all my brass and start reloading someday. Your reloading thread has shown me its not hard.

Randy

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Yea, randy that's the best, LEE instructions are so clear that you will have no problem. I started with; one delux 4 die set (58$)for 380 only with the hand press challenger edition on closeout for 32$... With 380's the hand press is all ya need for sizing and decapping all in one move...

Randy; for safety type into YouTube "brshooting" .... This video is what kick started my novice status of reloading.

the delux 4 die 380 set comes with crimp die that you don't need but sure make a nicer bullet/shell finish. Comes with shell holder and scoop. Dave (30 year employee @ LEE) has given me tips, like ,,, I don't clean primer pockets, I don't weigh powder because that is what the 3cc scoop is for... I have no fancy brass washer at this time, I use my solution which is great with lemi-shine. I ALWAYS LISTEN TO A 30 YEAR EMPLOYEE.. and zillion tips on ktog.

The nines and 40 cals I bought a 24$ bench mount for leverage that you don't need with smaller 380 shells.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Its more at the tip, I figured as far as the brass flies when it come out that was probably normal but wanted to ask.

My daughter likes to put on gloves and stand behind me and catch the brass!

Randy
I see this on brass I find at the range, but my P3AT doesn't ding the brass at all for some unknown reason.

Like your daughter, I like to catch the brass too. I do it barehanded, though, and catch the ones from my wife's G26 Glock 9MM.

Don't do this with .22LR though, as it will burn the heck out of your hands.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts