380 AMMO

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by rwschill, Mar 2, 2009.

1. rwschill

rwschill New Member

Feb 24, 2008
    380 ammo seems to be in short supply. The other day I met a guy who couldn't take his CCW class because he could not find any 380 to qualify his new KT pt380. He was loaned some to take it. Most on-line stores have none! Why is this?

2. rmcelwee

rmcelwee New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    I heard that the manufactures only tool up for one caliber ammo at a time. They were not aware of the high demand for 380 and got behind (they were making 9MM instead or something). I don't know if it is true but it sounds plausible.

We (me, wife, and two friends) are getting ready to take our CCW (21st of this month) and one of the people taking it with us just bought a Bursa 380. She has owned the gun for 2 weeks and has yet to fire it (no ammo).

3. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Moved to P3AT since the P32 uses, ugh... 32 cal. ;)

4. devicemanager

devicemanager New Member

Dec 11, 2008
    FWIW it is not necessary to qualify with the .380 or other gun you wish to conceal carry here in TX. I'll be using my XDm 9 when I take the CHL class.

5. 2thman

2thman New Member

Jan 16, 2009
    I would check ammunitiontogo.com frequently. I have not looked in a couple of weeks, but I ordered twice last month and the inventory seems to turn over fairly frequently. The first time I ordered, they had no fmj's in .380 (except Wolf). Then a couple weeks later they had plenty of American Eagle and WWB. Seek and you shall find.

6. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    I was on the Sportsman's Guide website yesterday and they had nothing in .380. Everything was back ordered. My LGS has some though. I picked up some Tuesday.

7. frankmako

frankmako New Member

Mar 11, 2006
    Chattanooga TN
    it has been hard to find any in southeast tennessee. when i do find some i been getting it,,,except the places that want $20.00 plus for a box of fmj. some places have up the price because of the short supply. time to get the reloading equipment out.