.380 AMMO/P3AT

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by cookieruffruff, May 23, 2009.

1. cookieruffruff

cookieruffruff New Member

Mar 25, 2009
    YES I KNOW,funny funny. but ya'll think we'll ever see .380 again?i have been at wally world when trucks come in lgs even on line NO .380 :( maybe if we all pich in and get 'obama' his very own??????? with his name engraved? lol would that change his mind........ heck get cheny a 12 pack of bud, and a new .380 ??lol....................... [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=angry.gif]

2. Citorishotgunner

Citorishotgunner New Member

Jan 11, 2008
    I think the supply / demand bubble on ammo is about to burst. I have been finding .380 FMJ locally for the past week or so (Atlanta area) at my favorite LGS. Wally World has been good for .40 cal and that's been about it. 9mm has been back in supply now for about a month / month and a half, and .38 special is showing up again.

The .380 that I have been finding has been around $19 per box. I did find a box of Speer Gold Dot JHP the other day for $26 per box that I bought. That's the first SD loads I have seen in a LONG time for .380. Those that are getting the supply in are rationing it to the tune of 2 boxes per customer, but that's why I take my wifey with me ;D

3. timewrench

timewrench New Member

May 9, 2009
    I had heard that the talk is the manufacturers are producing as fast as they can. The public is buying as fast as its produced. The manufacturers don't want to invest in more equipment in fear of this buying frenzy ending. Also alot of production is headed to the war zones. Last year we were headed out west to shoot prairie dogs. Needed components. Hunting buddies son was a Marine in Irag. We decided that if came down to us having fun or his son having ammo, there would be no choice.

Tom

4. lop

lop Active Member

May 20, 2008
    Yeah? where in the Atlanta area? I'd love to find some. I'm a little north of town, but drive a truck so I can find myself in other areas. Any help would be great. Thanks, Lop

5. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    The Cabela's in KCKS got boxes of Magtech .380 in on Friday. It didn't last long.

6. bh153dc

bh153dc New Member

.380 Ammo

Just came back from a gun show in Lafayette, La. and the only .380 anyone had was .380 fiocchi FMJ. And the guy was asking $31.95 for a box of 50. I am DONE, I am going to start to hand load my own ammo. I can't take this anymore. The only stuff I have left is 17 rounds of Corbon DPX. Nobody has any ammo, I just want to lash out against something............ S@#T...........

7. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Was in a D|ck's Sporting Goods store yesterday to see if they sold biodegradable airsoft pellets. Also checked to see what hangun ammo they had. Didn't ask but saw no hangun ammo on the shelfs. I was in the same store several months ago and was able at that time to get a 50 round box of .380 for ~ $18.00 if I remember correctly. Oh, they did have biodegradable airsoft pellets.

Take care...

8. rizo

rizo New Member

Apr 17, 2009
    I can`t find any 380 here in the phoenix area....I`m going to start woding up bread balls.. ;D

9. roll_tide_daniel

roll_tide_daniel New Member

May 25, 2009
    Still none in the Birmingham area... I was able to pick up some Privi Partisan (sp?) recently... anyone have any info on this stuff? It seems to be Russian made and brass cased, but has the red stuff around the primers which I have read here can cause problems...

10. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    I know the brand. The company has been around for the better part of 100 years. Their ammo is brass cased and reloadable. As far as the red primer sealer goes, it is harmless to guns. Yes is tints the fouling red but it isn't corrosive and is completely harmless to firearms. I've been shooting a steady stream of Russian ammo (Wolf and S&B) for over a year without any trouble whatsoever.

11. roll_tide_daniel

roll_tide_daniel New Member

May 25, 2009
    Thanks for the info on that ammo! I just know how picky these little guys can be with the ammo selections, so it is good to hear some positive feedback on it! Now all I need is some time to get to the range so I can start breaking it in! Its summer here in AL so it's time for the smaller gun for my CC!

12. intrepid

intrepid New Member

Nov 6, 2008
    I just bought a P3AT and the Privi ammo was the only ammo I could find. Bought 500 rounds local from a guy. I took it out Weds and put 50 rounds through my new pistol without a hiccup. Did have one FTE but I know that it came from me letting it get away from me. I was pleased with it and it didn't seem to "dirty" the pistol as much or any more than other ammo I have shot. Was really pleased with it and my new P3AT.

13. orkman

orkman New Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Prvi is made in Serbia. Don't know much about .380, but the .223 is a little better than Wolf.

14. Celtic_Warrior

Celtic_Warrior New Member

Feb 15, 2009
    The bubble is bursting!! I have purchased 900 rnds in the past 3 weeks. I ordered 500 from Dan's sporting Goods - www.dansammo.com, on line yesterday, for ~$200.00 with shipping and all 12 pounds of it is on the FedEx truck for delivery as I type. So it's out there, you just gott'a keep looking and you don't have to pay $30 for a brick of 50.