.380 ammo in stock

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Rubb, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Bodean

Bodean New Member

Dec 17, 2008
    must be out already. tried to order some. all gone.

2. Rubb

Rubb Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2006
    that was quick :eek:

3. Loganspawn

Loganspawn New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    I was in my local gun shop picking up some things for my 10/22 ruger and was talking about 380 ammo the head guy told me he had some target ammo hidden only for those who bought 380 weapons there. Well needless to say I pointed out that I bought my P3AT there and presto a box of mag tec 380 was in my hands. Makes me a little mad since I picked up my p228 p226 and also a few riffles at same said shop. Shouldnt that count also????? Only a box at a time 1 a week thats ok he is less than 5 minutes from me. I keep a couple hundred rounds backup and have more on backorder. As far as protection ammo my area seams to be clearing up most stores have some. It does seam to be going faster than normal. I am assuming its because there is no target rounds about. Dont give up and if you order now even on backorder you will probaly still get some in your hands faster than hoping someone has it in stock. Good luck and happy hunting! ;)

4. Bodean

Bodean New Member

Dec 17, 2008
    i stopped in a local gun shop today, they had 5 box's of blazer for $13.95 a box. not my ideal ammo but i can't be picky in these times. actually got laughed at a couple places i stopped at yesterday. they said if you find any you better buy what they have, this is getting crazy

5. PShea

PShea New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    So... I went to Wally World and asked about some 380. The Dude (mouth breather, probably stoned) says "Yeah, we ain't had those in since like December and prolly (<- his word, not mine) won't get any in 'till like, September.

I didn't have the energy to tell him that I BOUGHT some from there last month.

THE SKY IS FALLING!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!

(what a moron)

6. badchris

badchris New Member

Mar 24, 2009
    I've had 380 ammo on backorder for 2 months now.
    I had some 32 H&R mag in backorder hell for over 6 months. Had to cancel it.
    Glad I have a decent inventory, but replacement costs and availability are killing me (all of us, really  :'( )
    Next investment is a hand loading press.

7. Loganspawn

Loganspawn New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Hit all the store often! I scored a 250rnd box of rem380 today was an hour late to get the p3at that came in went on self and out the door as fast as they invoiced it all. Had to ask about ammo they had it soooo hidden away and seam to only let those who they see alot in on it make yourself known!!! Even then most didnt know where it was ask the BOSS MAN! Had a choice of mag tec fmj rem fmj and HCD hollows plus a few I will not mention. They did limet me but Im 5 minutes away Ill be back tomorow for another box of 250rnd rem I am already stocked on HCD. ::) I hope this means you all will start seeing some around soon. :cool:

8. Bodean

Bodean New Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Good score. i also found some at a local place today. maybe that's a good sign of things getting better :-/

9. Rubb

Rubb Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2006
    I found a local ad, the guy wants $80 for a 100 pack of WWB.

I'm still tempted to respond to the ad but, momma always said ;)

10. Spikejerk

Spikejerk New Member

I scrounged up about 50-60 rounds or so last Christmas when I visited my folks. I found a couple partial boxes in my old bedroom where I stored a lot of stuff when I moved to CO. That's the last time I saw .380 that wasn't in my ammo locker or gun.

11. tweed

tweed New Member

Nov 15, 2008
    my local gun shop has plenty of everything. he also has a sign that says
    only two boxes of ammo per customer... its all the knuckle heads buying it up
    and hording it that are causing the problem...

worse yet the freaking pirates that buy it up and try to sell it
    at gun shows for 2 to 3 times its price... i personally got in a scalpers face about
    this when i questioned his $35+ price on a box of federal bulk 22... $15 at wallmart...
    you could see he went around and cleared out the local stores because that is all he was
    selling was walmart ammo... you could see he wasnt a regular dealer.... and he tells people that the shelves are bare at walmart... talk about jerk asses....

12. Loganspawn

Loganspawn New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    I agree. Paid $79 for 250 rnds rem380. I like my gun shop! :D

13. MadDogJohn

MadDogJohn New Member

Mar 21, 2009
    So we now live in a country with ammo scalpers. >:(  

I'm all for free market capitalism, but this ain't concert tickets, folks.  This is our freedom. This crap just ****es me off.  

BTW-  went to a gun shop today and got the cold sweats when I saw some .380 50 rd boxes for sale, but you could only buy it if you bought an overpriced, used Bersa in the display case!!!  

14. kitsap_charly

kitsap_charly New Member

Sep 15, 2005
    Someone should say RELOAD!! real loud so consider it said. ;D

15. regrip

regrip New Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Probably will get a press also. Problem is, all the web sites I looked at are all waiting on product also, brass, primers, bullets. Some powders are still avalible. Goog luck to all o us.
    Tom :(

16. Loganspawn

Loganspawn New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Good luck buddy! You think there is reload material out there and no ammo??????? :-?

17. tweed

tweed New Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Good luck buddy! You think there is reload material out there and no ammo??????? :-?[/quote]

yea someone should say primers real loud..... i just did...

now they are impossible to find... again a case of hording.....

18. kbish

kbish New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    i bought a box of CD (25 count) from a guy locally for $30 the other day. he e-mailed me today and said he just sold his LCP so now he's selling his unused .380 ammo. getting a 50 count box of Remington UMC FMJ 95gr and a 50 count box of Federal American eagle FMJ 95gr. $30 for each box. i'm just ecstatic to actually find some ammo

19. Loganspawn

Loganspawn New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    I feel for you all walked in today and it wasnt even hidden.  On the shelf 2 box limet oops I grabed a 250rnd box380 rem $79and 2 boxs of 9mm mag-tec. $13.99 I picked up a 250 box of 380 yesterday and ran through half the box. Could have bought more both days but I only need what I need. If any of you are in WA E-mail me so I can tell you where Im close to Federal Way. It wont be there long!!!! ;)