380 ammo at Gander Mountain

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by trekgod3, Apr 14, 2009.

1. trekgod3

trekgod3 New Member

Feb 28, 2006
    Jupiter,FL
    They have plenty of Black Hills 380 in stock (30 or 40 boxes) at the incredibly low price of...........$49.99! And that is for a 50 round box, not 100! All their 50 round boxes of pistol ammo are in that price range. :'(

2. RCACFBilly

RCACFBilly New Member

Mar 29, 2008
    I will not forget this when things return to normal. This is criminal!

Billy

3. tiburns

tiburns New Member

Apr 3, 2009
    I'm not so sure that it will return to normal. I hear that the manufactures are not raising the price you local gun shops are. Yes it is criminal. But, as long as everyone keeps buying like no tomorrow it will not go down.

4. raymac1215

raymac1215 New Member

Dec 31, 2008
    I spoke wih the owner of Classic Pistol in Bucks County,Pa and he sais he refuses to raise his prices during this shortage even though he knows he can. I told him out of loyality when the ammo catches up, I won't run to Wal-Mart. He is selling Federal  Hi Shok .380 for $18.00 box of 50 and Law Enforcement Hydro Shok for 23.99 for 50. He asked that I only buy 4 boxes to give others a chance. This place seems to be a good LGS. I know everbody is having a hard time, so I posted this information.

5. JB

JB Guest

Gander mountain is overpriced under the best of circumstances. That said, as others mentioned, things might not return 'to normal' anytime soon. The owner of my LGS said that the word from one of his suppliers is that the larger ammo companies will be concentrating more on the 'major' calibers until things get caught up. Switching a line over takes time that they don't want to 'waste', so - at least from what he is hearing - they won't be making much .380, .32, .25 and so on for the time being. He suspects it will be that way for most of this year, at least.

6. frankmako

frankmako New Member

Mar 11, 2006
    Chattanooga TN
    just another store that will not get my money.

7. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Gander Mountain has lost my business. FWIW, my LGS refuses to raise his prices. As a result, his shop is always busy and he's building customer loyalty. My deacons and I love this guy and he gets all of our business. When others go under, Bill will still be there and still making a good living.

8. Engineer

Engineer New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Ouch! DicksSportingGoods had Remington UMC for around $19 for a 50 round box. Sucks, but I only had PD ammo and needed some ball to practice with...

9. Mohave-Tec

Mohave-Tec New Member

Mar 22, 2009
    UPS just dropped off 10 boxes of 380 UMC. Cabelas had it for 1 day about 10 days ago. 18.99 per 50.