Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up an old copy of shotgun news (2005) and saw many advertisements for good .380 range ammo for $7 a box. The best i can find is $16 a box at Wally's. Where can I find the best deal and remember to include shipping costs if it's an internet store. I guess I'm lucky that I live 20 miles from Sportsmen's guide but it didn't look like they had many deals.

·
Registered
74 Posts
dave43 said:
I just picked up an old copy of shotgun news (2005) and saw many advertisements for good .380 range ammo for $7 a box. The best i can find is $16 a box at Wally's. Where can I find the best deal and remember to include shipping costs if it's an internet store. I guess I'm lucky that I live 20 miles from Sportsmen's guide but it didn't look like they had many deals.

I paid 17.00 for a box of speers gold dot hp. (box of 20) at a gun show last week

·
Registered
375 Posts
Thats alot of ammo for a little gun!! LOL ;)

After break in, I probably run 2 boxes (50 each of FMJ) through it to stay proficient each year. Of course, the Golden Sabres that I carry, I first tested them for feeding issues and then after being satisfied they worked, probably shoot only 2-3 magazines of them yearly too.

In other words, I try to keep my P3AT "low mileage".

·
Registered
87 Posts
OhioGunToter said:
[quote author=JBIV link=1228698015/0#2 date=1228788732]http://georgia-arms.com/cannedheat380acp95grfullmetaljacket1000pk.aspx

they sell them in bags of 50 too.  they are at almost every gun show.
An ammo can with a 1000 rds @235.00 thats over 4.00 a bullet... that about 85 bucks for a box of 20[/quote]

wow, either way you cut it the math is just WAY OFF in this quote  ;)

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
OhioGunToter said:
[quote author=JBIV link=1228698015/0#2 date=1228788732]http://georgia-arms.com/cannedheat380acp95grfullmetaljacket1000pk.aspx

they sell them in bags of 50 too.  they are at almost every gun show.
An ammo can with a 1000 rds @235.00 thats over 4.00 a bullet... that about 85 bucks for a box of 20[/quote]

Uhhh...1000 [email protected] = 0.235 cents per round. $4.70 for a box of 20.

Rick

·
Registered
14 Posts
they only mention the 1000 round can on line. They don't have the 50rd bags listed, but they do sell them by the bag cheap. I used to order from this place called "widner's" but here lately I have been on a strict cash and carry kick. the paranoid side of me is trying to be real careful about paper trails.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I usually pick up the blue box of magtech for around $12/50 at Cabela's. Or I can order it from ammunition to go for around the same price, but have to add shipping. And since my closest Cabela's is an hour away, I don't mind paying a little shipping as opposed to making a special trip. So far my P3at has seen one 50 round box of Remington (green & white box) and the rest has been Magtech...other than the Gold Dots I ran through it to see if they were reliable for carry. I've been thinking about giving the WWB a try from my local walmart. Last time I checked it was around $30/100.

·
Registered
375 Posts
gander is very expensive on ammo. I like them because they have an excellent selection of firearms to look at but I can always beat their prices. Great place to go window shopping. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.