Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sent the slide back today. Customer Service Rep assured me the new slide wouldn't have the same problem.  Here's to hoping that is true.  I would really like to have Jack or Cogan do the slide next but why waste the money until I know it won't happen again.

This was a J6E frame and was bought a little under a month ago.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Re: 354 rounds and out comes the recoil spring (pi

Next time you talk to KT. Try to get them to provide the reason it happened and what they are doing different so it won't happen again

·
Registered
5,189 Posts

and this from the company looking to make a 3000.00 rifle???

they need to throw the batch of parts away, between slides barrels, slide stops, followers, something has to give.

this problem of machining and hardening obviously transcends multiple models, so they need to look at other manufacturers...

·
Registered
840 Posts

especially using cnc machines which when setup properly and MAINTAINED properly are almost fool-proof.........if they are of a good quality machine.....

·
Registered
357 Posts

$3,000.00 rifle?

What is it a 50 caliber machine gun?

I saw a $300 KT rifle at the gun show today - in .223 rem.

I have my eye on a Rock River Arms AR-15 - but am having a hard time finding a concealment holster for it ;).

My wife has been good (so far anyway) about my little hobby - but I still have some work to do before I bring an AR home.

·
Registered
9,377 Posts

z71bill said:
$3,000.00 rifle?
Yep! The new RFB is expected to be a $3,000.00 rifle.

KTWM said:
"But the MSRP is EXPECTED to be in the $2k range for the 18" barrel carbine, $2.5k range for the 24" barrel sporter, and $3k range for the 32" barrel target model with 5 way adjustable trigger."

We can hope the springs don't fall out on that one there! ;D

rcmodel

·
Registered
78 Posts

I had the same problem with less than 20 rounds down range. I looked very closely at the guide rod hole and saw that it was slightly oblong. Now I am not sure if this was due to the force of the recoil or the slide being machined poorly. I have owned various models of Kel-Tecs numbering 5. 1 out of 4 doesn't upset me much. I now have a brand new P-3AT. It has not been fired yet, but I trust that it will be just fine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.