Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anybody made a conversion barrel to fire the .32 naa? the .32 naa is a .380 case necked down to a .32 bullet, improving the energy and fps while reducing the kick! (sweet) if not, send kel-tec an e-mail begging them to make a conversion like i did.

·
Registered
14,984 Posts
yep, i believe he does, and knows where I got mine.

he only needed 1 guess. they made WAY TOO FEW of these things though...

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
Yep, a few of these were made years back for the 1st gen guns.  KT does not seem interested in making more but feel free to bug them.  Marty freshly parked this one for RJ Headley shortly before I aquired it.  It is not for sale.   ;)

·
Registered
14,984 Posts
since they were for 1st gen guns only, and it is a KT design, I doubt some other third party would make it...

it has been tried with other parts before.

357 sig barrels come to mind...

·
Registered
836 Posts
gpr said:
put me on the list too...i wounder if there was enough intrest, that a batch could be run.....first gen please...or else i HAVE to buy an other gun...gpr
Have to buy a new gun.  Get to buy a new gun is allways my approach.
Seriously though, I would love to get one for either a first or second gen pistol.
Please send me a message if you have one that your are willing to part with. I am seldom optimistic, but allways hopeful.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
My first thought was No, BUT

Physically looking at the two barrels, it is easier to determine the 32 verses 380 than it is the gun, the 32 looking smaller

Sitting down with calipers and comparing, ithey are pretty similar.

accross the chamber block is 0.488 verses 0.492   while it doesn't sound that much, putting the 32 barrel in the 3AT slide looks real loose.  the lenght of the chamber for locking with the slide is the same 1.000"

Looking into the chamber, the block is radiused in at 4 and 8 O'clock.  this is where the chamber is the thinest.  However the 32 is thicker here  at 0.048 verses 0.035.

If the 32 chamber ID of 0.348 was bored out to the 3ATs of 0.385 that thin spot would be 0.029"

since the 32 barrel is a little shorter 2.682 verses 2.760 and smaller OD of 0.390 verses 0.432, a slide bushing would be needed

the 32 barrel in the 3AT does feel out of place and with the differance in the pin slot depth, the 32 block does NOT engage into the slide, the depth of the slot seems to be the same as the differance in the hieght of the feed ramps which is 0.690 verses 0.730" so the cam slot will also need to be cut to allow the barrel to go up and latch with the slide.

So, It looks like a challange, might function, but be very marginal at best

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.