.32 naa conversion for p3at

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by ScatMelee, Aug 17, 2007.

1. ScatMelee

ScatMelee New Member

Aug 17, 2007
    has anybody made a conversion barrel to fire the .32 naa? the .32 naa is a .380 case necked down to a .32 bullet, improving the energy and fps while reducing the kick! (sweet) if not, send kel-tec an e-mail begging them to make a conversion like i did.

2. PshootR

PshootR Banned

Apr 1, 2005
    Yes. IIRC, about a dozen .32 NAA barrels were made on a limited basis by Kel-Tec.

PshootR

3. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    too many years too late, I am afraid.

i will NEVER part with my conversion.

4. gpr

gpr New Member

Jan 6, 2005
    north palm beach
    put me on the list too...i wounder if there was enough intrest, that a batch could be run.....first gen please...or else i HAVE to buy an other gun...gpr

5. ScatMelee

ScatMelee New Member

Aug 17, 2007
    how/where did you get your .32 naa conversion, is it for the 1st or 2nd gen?

6. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    got it from a very dear friend of this board.

7. alamo

alamo New Member

Sep 12, 2004

CB3?

8. sharpetop

sharpetop New Member

Dec 1, 2004
    I'm sure another naa conversion holder will soon chime in. TX Cajun, I believe you have info on this don't you? ;)

9. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    yep, i believe he does, and knows where I got mine.

he only needed 1 guess. they made WAY TOO FEW of these things though...

10. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Yep, a few of these were made years back for the 1st gen guns.  KT does not seem interested in making more but feel free to bug them.  Marty freshly parked this one for RJ Headley shortly before I aquired it.  It is not for sale.   ;)

[​IMG]

11. ScatMelee

ScatMelee New Member

Aug 17, 2007
    what parts does the conversion consist of? perhaps some 3rd party could produce these if kel-tec is not up to it.

12. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    since they were for 1st gen guns only, and it is a KT design, I doubt some other third party would make it...

it has been tried with other parts before.

357 sig barrels come to mind...

13. BC

BC New Member

Mar 23, 2005
    Have to buy a new gun.  Get to buy a new gun is allways my approach.
    Seriously though, I would love to get one for either a first or second gen pistol.
    Please send me a message if you have one that your are willing to part with. I am seldom optimistic, but allways hopeful.

14. ScatMelee

ScatMelee New Member

Aug 17, 2007
    will a p-32 barrel fit in a p-3at, are they the same shape? if they are, would it be possible to just bore out the chamber of the .32 barrel and use that?

15. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    My first thought was No, BUT

Physically looking at the two barrels, it is easier to determine the 32 verses 380 than it is the gun, the 32 looking smaller

Sitting down with calipers and comparing, ithey are pretty similar.

accross the chamber block is 0.488 verses 0.492   while it doesn't sound that much, putting the 32 barrel in the 3AT slide looks real loose.  the lenght of the chamber for locking with the slide is the same 1.000"

Looking into the chamber, the block is radiused in at 4 and 8 O'clock.  this is where the chamber is the thinest.  However the 32 is thicker here  at 0.048 verses 0.035.

If the 32 chamber ID of 0.348 was bored out to the 3ATs of 0.385 that thin spot would be 0.029"

since the 32 barrel is a little shorter 2.682 verses 2.760 and smaller OD of 0.390 verses 0.432, a slide bushing would be needed

the 32 barrel in the 3AT does feel out of place and with the differance in the pin slot depth, the 32 block does NOT engage into the slide, the depth of the slot seems to be the same as the differance in the hieght of the feed ramps which is 0.690 verses 0.730" so the cam slot will also need to be cut to allow the barrel to go up and latch with the slide.

So, It looks like a challange, might function, but be very marginal at best