32 NAA Conversion for P3AT?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Warty, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Warty

Warty Banned

Dec 11, 2007
    TH, IN
    I asked at the Kel-Tec website about whether or not they ever considered making a pistol in 32 NAA.
    I was told by "Bob" that there used to be a conversion kit for P3ATs that you could buy to convert to 32 NAA.
    This is easy as it is basically just the barrel that needs to be changed out but I had never heard of such a thing being available.
    He told me that they did not sell very well so they were discontinued.

I asked him, "How long ago was it that these were available?" Answer: "They didn't sell very well"
    "Could you tell me if there are any left or were they all destroyed?  Watt happened to the unsold ones?
    Answer "Not many were sold."

Realizing that I wasn't going to get very far with "Bob" I decided to see if anyone here might know any more about this "Kit"

Does anyone have one?  Has anyone ever heard of this thing?  What did it consist of?  How much was it?
    Do they ever come up for sale?

I would really love to get one of them.  I am mad for this little round.  I converted two of my Makarovs to 32 NAA.
    I have a Guardian of course.  I even have reloading dies for the caliber AND 5000 VIRGIN STARLINE BRASS!
    (limited edition run actually and not one of their regularly produced calibers)

OK, all it really takes is a .380 case and a sizing die but mine SAY 32 NAA.  [smiley=cool.gif]

Anyone want to sell me their .32 NAA conversion kit for the P3AT?  

[highlight]DID THEY REALLY EXIST?!?[/highlight]

2. gpr

gpr New Member

Jan 6, 2005
    north palm beach
    only a hand full were made, for a choosen few....i come close to finding one....maybe, some day...gpr

3. pocketgun

pocketgun New Member

May 4, 2005
    Anywhere from 10 to 50 were made as conversion uppers for the 1G P-3AT, though they will fit on a 2G lower.

Most were sold to members of the Kel-Tec Range forum, some to members here. I don't think they were ever generally available, and I don't think they didn't sell. They never made a serious effort to market them. Think of them as an experiment made by some factory employees.

Here are some pics to tickle your fancy:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mine has a satin blued finish that resembles the mag tubes. It doesn't have slide serrations either, though all the others I have seen do. I also have a Parkerized one that is normal in all other respects save chambering.

4. burley

burley Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    I'd guess more like 24 or so made. I know of 3   4  6  for sure and ain't none of em mine :'(
    They were made for 1st Gen P3ATs. Very few around but that makes them even more special. Wouldn't mean near as much if everyone had one ;) Kinda like P-40 and P-357sigs only even more desirable. Ya can feast yar eyes on one in this thread;
    http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1187325677/

Oh ya PG just rub it in ;
    ;D ;D ;D :'(

5. pocketgun

pocketgun New Member

May 4, 2005
    Sorry about that Burley. I don't think the parked one has ever been fired, because the finish on the barrel is hardly even scuffed. I will post a pic of it sometime.

Here is a great .32NAA thread over on The Range (in an "open" area).

Edited to add: Here is a pic of the Parkerized one. I took it some time ago, but I never posted it.

[​IMG]

6. Warty

Warty Banned

Dec 11, 2007
    TH, IN
    Well, I guess thanks for nothing. :)

7. quickmick7

quickmick7 New Member

Oct 24, 2006
    south florida
    looking at this pictures is like looking at the centerfold of your favorite girlie magazine knowing that in real life you'll never have it :eek:

8. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    You know, sarcasm is very hard to tell over the internet, especially with people you don't know very well. Add all the smileys you want, this sounds like a smart a$$ed comment when multiple people went out of their way to answer your questions. This is the second thread where YOUR postings have come across that way and the first one cost you the opportunity to have some wonderful work done by Sprinter, a great guy.

It's just a suggestion for you to take as you wish, but you might want to contain what comes across as such an attitude until you prove yourself a good guy and become a regular enough member around here that we have a feel for you. Notice I am giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming you are a great guy we just can't tell it through your posts.

There is a lot to learn around here and it is a great place to hang out but it is VERY different than most of the other forums on the internet where anyone can run in, be an a$$ and fit right in. This is more like the sandbox at a family reunion and we try to set the bar just a bit higher than the rest. We'd love to have you hang out, learn and enjoy and maybe the above will help you do that.

-Scott

9. PshootR

PshootR Banned

Apr 1, 2005
    GREAT POST SCOTT

10. ;D

Any one see the pooper scooper?

11. bazookabert

bazookabert New Member

Dec 29, 2007
    As a reply to the beginning of the post, thanks for the info. I had no idea that the 32 naa conversion existed. I found it a very interesting read. Even if they are rare, I will surely keep my eye open for one.

Bert

12. gpr

gpr New Member

Jan 6, 2005
    north palm beach
    put me on a want list....maybe if we can generate enough interest some one would make a run of barrels......gpr

13. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Can someone 'splain me why?  Is the knock down power of a .32 NAA significantly more than the .380 which is already available and I assume has cheaper/more ammo choices?  I guess it is the same concept as the .40/.357 sig but even that I don't totally get.  I have never seen the numbers but have always assumed the greater velocity is negated by the lighter weight bullet but I really don't know.  

-Scott

14. Simple Scott--- Same reason I have a .40 Cal Coversion Kit AND a .357 Sig barrel for a 9mm hand gun that I have shot less than 50 times.  The .40 cal kit and the barrel have been shot ZERO times by me. (Pssstttt...  Scott....wanna buy the whole trifecta?)

BECAUSE WE CAN!   ;D

15. Warty

Warty Banned

Dec 11, 2007
    TH, IN
    Scott, this seems to be the only site that is so thin skinned. The smilies are supposed to be used on the internet to denote things like sarcasm.

I am sorry that my post seems to have upset you so much. It was not my intent.
    I only ever seem to get this sort of attitude here and frankly, I do't understand it alt all.

I too have a lot of firearm knowledge to offer. I too would be willing to give it out too.

I guess I am just baffled that when I try to joke around a little, you feel the need to make sure I am put back into my place.

I am very thankful that you all told me the stuff you did.

I ALSO NOTED THAT A FEW OF YOU FELT THAT YOU HAD TO RUB IN THE FACT THAT YOU HAD ONE AND I DIDN'T!

Guess that was OK since you are one of the guys already and my sarcasm is bad because I haven't yet been given that right.

It's OK to bust the new guy's balls but when he turns the tables you need to make sure he knows who is boss, right? I really don't understand why it is OK for you all to joke with me but it is a crime when I do it back. Because I don't have as many posts? Thanks for letting me know the rules.

It would have been nice to get one of these conversion kits. I won't lie about that at all.
    I think it is a fun caliber and it has great potential but it doesn't seem to be getting a good chance in the marketplace.

It also seems like I am unlikely to ever see one of these things in person let alone own one.

I also thank you all for the pictures and the information. I really do appreciate it a lot.
    I wish you all god luck with them and if you would like some reloading data or the like, LMK.

I also have a lot of .32 NAA brass if anyone want some of that. Otherwise I guess I have nothing good to offer here so I will go back to just reading again. Please forgive me.
    -Gary

16. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Gary, you seem to have a slightly different view of things than at least what I am seeing here.  No one "busted your balls" nor "rubbed in" anything.  No one took anything personally nor tried to "put you in your place."  Some helpful suggestions were made and are still valid.  

KTOG is a pretty cool place, mostly because it is not anything like other internet sites.  PLEASE, hang around, see how we do things and participate.  NO ONE (at least as far as I can tell) is giving you any attitude.  

Welcome to our Sandbox, we generally try to play nicely and the rules are available on the "Rules of the Range" link above and/or here: http://www.ktog.org/ktog.htm#rules How we do things, like any other social circle, can best be learned by hanging out.

[​IMG]

Don't know what else can be done for ya?

-Scott (all I can do is try)

17. gbm5170

gbm5170 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Gary,

Don't worry about it. Glad to have you around. I learned a long time ago that its very easy to be misunderstood, especially online. Whatever you say online usually doesn't come across exactly as envisioned. I'm sure that I'm still tripping up here and there (especially in the Counter forum) but once you have a much higher post count, you'll find that the others will give tend to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Sucks to be a newbie...that is all I can say, but it won't be long until you are accepted.

18. quickmick7

quickmick7 New Member

Oct 24, 2006
    south florida
    +1 DMB....stick around warty if you wish....if you look at my posts i do make light and joke about most everything even serious subjects,that doesn't mean i can't be serious or act my age and not my shoe size(i think i can)....it would be easier if we all met but alas we have to deal with typing our thoughts here,and sometimes can be misconstrude.....don't give up even as we joke no one here will maliciously attack....

19. burley

burley Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    PG , no need to be sorry, ya can rub it in any time. Thanks for sharing, that satin blue one is just sweet [smiley=thumbsup.gif]. If ya ever get tired of em get with me , I'd be glad to work something out ;)  , really.

Warty , welcome on board. What Scott says is true , I myself have be misunderstood many a time but don't let it get ya down. Post count in itself don't mean a whole lot here,but it does imply we'v gotten to know one another a bit thru these post. I see ya been around here a few months but we haven't had much chance to get to know ya as ya haven't posted much. Looking forward to seeing ya on here, don't be shy ...  

20. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    pg is the only other multiple 32naa owner I know of....

:cool: