Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to see how many fans of this cal were out there. I love bottle necks and have just finished converting a Beretta 84 and Llama Micromax to .32NAA. I also have an upper conversion for my P3AT that is awesome. I can't wait to get to the range to test out the Beretta and Llama. I just need to find a barrel for my Makarov now. Any and all comments/thoughts are welcome. Thanks, Brandon.

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
  The 2G P-32 barrel is available from KT for about $100. It would make production sense for both barrels to start out from the same blank and each be drilled differently for caliber.

Wouldn't it be possible to have a gun machine shop ream this barrel to accept the .32 naa?

Would this barrel then fit into the 2G P3AT? Has anyone with both tried to fit the .32 barrel into the P3AT or vice-versa?

Packer.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Two Pistol Packer said:
... Has anyone with both tried to fit the .32 barrel into the P3AT or vice-versa?
Just tried.
the P3AT barrel will not fit into the P32 slide

The P32 barrel fit into the P3AT slide and frame with the P3AT guide. I just needed two wraps of duct tape to keep the barrel in the center of the slide. I don't think the duct tape will last more than a few shots though.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I am not familiar w/ the 32NAA. WHy would one want to convert a .380 to a smaller caliber? Is the 32NAA superior to the .380 somehow :-[
Isn't ammo a little hard to find? I only say that b/c I cant remember ever really seeing it excpt at gun shows.

·
Registered
8,991 Posts
Well for one reason.......it's another KT variation. You can't have a full set without it. ;D

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
  The .32 naa is a .380 case necked down to a .32 bullet. That .32 bullet is then powered by a magnum powder load to accelerate it to a really fast velocity.

The resulting powerful impact is the raison d'etra for the .32 naa. The bottle neck cartridges are also known for excellent feeding.

Packer.

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
RAT, give it up. The naysayers are just going to tell you that it's no better than a 380. They will also say that the ammo is exxpensive. That's BS too. Comparitively speaking it's half the price of Corbon DPX or less. 50 rounds of FMJ cost $24 while 20 rounds of JHP is $11. 20 DPX go for about $17.

I can tell you that it's a fun caliber to shoot and some folks think it offers something different. Note that the Kel-tec has a 1/4 longer barrel than the NAA Guardian and should get even better numbers.

To summarize, the load delivers in excess of 1222 f.p.s. velocity to a 60 grain proprietary bullet from Hornady. This generates 199 ft. lbs of energy, specifically from the 2.5" Guardian barrel (1453 f.p.s. & 287 ft. lbs from a 4" test barrel).

According to industry expert Ed Sanow, the 32NAA:

Produces more velocity, more energy and more stopping power than any conventional jacketed lead hollow point (JHP) 32 ACP, 380 ACP or 380 ACP (+P) with 15% less recoil (Power Factor) than the (+P),

Penetrates 8.3" of Gelatin after passing through four (4) layers of denim, expanding to a .55" mushroom with a retained weight of 100%,

Has a Fuller Index of 62% One-Shot Stops, compared to (for example) the 380 ACP Federal 90gr. Hydra-Shok (53%).

Designed for law enforcement and people serious about personal protection, we think the results speak for themselves.

http://www.naaminis.com/32NAA.html

Here's my 1st generation P32NAA, parkerized:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.