Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The question is "does all European 32 acp have the same style casing"----Fiocchi and Norma have the same style expanded recess near the bottom ('extractor channel'). What other brands have the expanded recess near the bottom?
Gary

·
Registered
561 Posts
The question is "does all European 32 acp have the same style casing"----Fiocchi and Norma have the same style expanded recess near the bottom ('extractor channel'). What other brands have the expanded recess near the bottom?
Gary
No, they do not all have the same style case, and I haven't been able to find one with a shallower angle up from the channel than Fiocchi...so far...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bear Claw---Norma is the same as Fiocchi. I was hoping that someone out there had a box of 1) Sellier & Bellot, or 2) PPU, or 3) PMC, and or 4) Geco
and would let me know how the extractor channels compares to Fioccji.
From pictures on line, #1 & 2 look similar to Fiocchi, but pics can decieve.
Gary

·
Registered
751 Posts
Bear Claw---Norma is the same as Fiocchi. I was hoping that someone out there had a box of 1) Sellier & Bellot, or 2) PPU, or 3) PMC, and or 4) Geco
and would let me know how the extractor channels compares to Fioccji.
From pictures on line, #1 & 2 look similar to Fiocchi, but pics can decieve.
Gary
I have pmc, fiocchi and s&b and there is no visible external difference other than bullet itself.

I think maybe case thickness? Which would definitely affect your reloading ability-however, I dont reload 32 so

·
Registered
69 Posts
Geco, Hirtenberger, and Underwood (Star brass) show a noticeably reduced bevel at the base of the case (extractor groove).

Fiocchi Extrema XTP and Fiocchi 73gr FMJ pink box are as shown in the OP.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The reason I asked the question originally was because I was under the impression that all american 32 acp have "a noticeably reduced bevel at the base of the case (extractor groove)" and that I had hear or read somewhere that many of the European have the same "(extractor groove) as Fiocchi. It would be nice to get a list together of each type of "(extractor groove).
Gary

·
Registered
751 Posts
View attachment 53925

Here you can see the Fiocchi has the most gradual slope up from the rim. Easier for the slide to strip it forward out of the mag, and the slide doesn't lose so much forward energy.
That makes sense! Thanks for the picture comparison!

Very solid evidence 😁👌

1 - 15 of 15 Posts