Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After two trips to Kel-Tec and having them completely rebuild my P-3AT, it is still useless as a CCW. The last trip was Feb 9. They replaced the trigger, trigger axis, trigger pin and Recoil Spring Guide.  I was told to wait 12 hours before using as they used loc-tite (or something of that nature) on the trigger pin. I took it out this morning for the first time since the repair. Fired 30 rounds before it stopped working. Pulled the trigger and nothing happens. I inspected the gun and discovered that (once again) the trigger pin slipped out of place. I can go ahead and ReLoc-tite it myself, but if KT can't get it to stay put, I can't imagine I would have better luck.
First of all, I wanted to decline Wilsons offer before he gets a chance to make it. Keep your $100.
My question is, "why can't Kel-Tec fix this gun"? Is it plain and simply "just a lemon"? Should I insist on a completely new gun?
For this P-3AT, anything more than 20 trouble free rounds has been extremely rare. I know that most of you guys are having great luck, but I am having the opposite.
I am considering going up to KT tomorrow and politely demanding a new gun.

·
Registered
8,993 Posts
Re: 30 Rounds and back to Kel-Tec Again

As close as you are to the factory, that sounds like the best idea.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts

Vette said:
First of all, I wanted to decline Wilsons offer before he gets a chance to make it. Keep your $100.
Ok, I won’t openly make my usual $100 offer.

But in all honesty, I can’t believe you will ever own a P-3AT that will work perfectly for you. These little pistols are very intuitive and they can sense that you don’t trust them, so they act accordingly. I hope I’m wrong :-/

Wilson – who’s prepared to sign a Confidentiality Agreement, so know one will know :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Wilson said:
But in all honesty, I can’t believe you will ever own a P-3AT that will work perfectly for you.
I hope you are wrong. I want my P-3AT to work perfectly like others on this forum say theirs do.

G

·

I know some of you guys think it is "cute" to make an insulting offer to vette for his weapon. The man has problems and comes on this board with them and all he seems to get is insulting offers. ::)

·
Registered
8,993 Posts

Jocko, I can't speak for the rest of these guys, but when I make one of these offers my tounge is firmly in my cheek.

As in "I'll take that non functional mouse gun off your hands if you pay me $25, shipping and FFL fees." "wink, wink"

Now Wilson....he's probably serious.

·
Registered
840 Posts

With all the trouble your having and Keltec knows this and it is documented I personally would CALL first and politely demand a new piece and then drive up...show them first hand at their range how the gun misfunctions...

·
Registered
1,127 Posts

Be careful Vette. There are some on this forum who like to go on a Troll hunt which often differs only slightly from a witch hunt IMO.

These are wonderful guns when you get a good one. I recently bought another AT and it seems to be doing well. Win some, lose some.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

gpr said:
i would like to get into the bidding ,  should it happen....i am in west palm and could do FTF...gpr
Why would anybody want to purchase anything that has been proven to be defective? The manufacturer has been unsuccessful in two attempts to remedy the situation? Do you know something that Kel-Tec doesn't know?

·
Registered
3,755 Posts

RAT76 said:
Now Wilson....he's probably serious.
Now, y’all know I’m just funning . . . .;D

Actually the simplification of extractor replacement, ugly as it may be, has dramatically reduced the number of $100 deals out there :'(

Wilson – who’s hoping Vette is successful but is serious about P-3ATs being sensitive little creatures :)

·
Registered
3,755 Posts

Vette said:
Why would anybody want to purchase anything that has been proven to be defective?
Because it may function perfectly for him. I have purchased non-functioning P-3ATs for as little as $84 to $180 (SG HC P-3AT) and have yet to personally spend more than two hours before getting any of them to fire 50 rounds without a bobble. Now I have spent time waiting on parts and one had to be sent to Kel-Tec (bent frame) but very little time to be perfect for my needs. If a P-3AT will shoot 50 rounds perfectly time after time, I consider it acceptable for self defense.

Wilson – who’s hoping no one ask about the time required on his PF-9 :-[

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Wilson said:
Because it may function perfectly for him.  I have purchased non-functioning P-3ATs for as little as $84 to $180 (SG HC P-3AT) and have yet to personally spend more than two hours before getting any of them to fire 50 rounds without a bobble. Now I have spent time waiting on parts and one had to be sent to Kel-Tec (bent frame) but very little time to be perfect for my needs. If a P-3AT will shoot 50 rounds perfectly time after time, I consider it acceptable for self defense.

Wilson – who’s hoping no one ask about the time required on his PF-9  :-[

Wilson, would you like me to pick you up a job application at Kel-Tec tomorrow? It sounds like they can really use your help. ;)

·
Registered
8,993 Posts

Wilson's point regarding buying a used KelTec is valid.  Eventually it WILL be a fully functional weapon AND it will not cost the owner an arm and a leg.  Just time.  

I have passed up guns at gun shows because they were not KelTecs.  Not because I am a snob but because the lifetime warranty has spoiled me.

I passed up a deal on a .380 Grendel last weekend just because I got to thinking, "what if it needs parts or repair?"

edited to add; Wilson, you know that that PF9 was a labor of love.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts

Vette,

As close to KT that you are and If it where me:

I would walk in with my two work orders and my
purchase receipt and kindly demand a new
gun or a refund.

IMO repair should be one and done, I love my KT
and it was fixed the first trip, if it had not been I
was already looking at a Bersa .380 cc. Now I would
not sell or trade it period.

I work in manufacturing and at times I get busy
and rush through things, when I end up doing it
twice I've saved no time....

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.