2nd trip to the range since my KT came back

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by learfxr, Apr 14, 2008.

1. learfxr

learfxr New Member

Dec 21, 2007
    My wife and I went to the range today. I shot several of my guns. I didn't shoot the KT alot, but it did well with no problems. I'm very happy with it now. If only I could get it to quit hammering my trigger finger when I shoot it. That little sucker kills my hand. That's why I didn't shoot it much today. I wanted to have fun shooting my Glock and SKS and not spend the day with my hand hurting.

2. c0wboi38

c0wboi38 New Member

Sep 19, 2006
    Good show!!

Sounds like all is right in the P3-AT world for you!

:)

3. Chuck-Baby

Chuck-Baby New Member

Jan 28, 2008
    My trigger finger suffered the first trip to the "sand pit" range too. After installing a pencil eraser trigger stop and smoothing the mold mark on the inside of the trigger guard, it is not as bad and the trigger finger lives to shoot another gun.

Enjoy,

CB

4. Packer

Packer Banned

May 14, 2005
    If it's the BACK of your trigger finger getting smacked: Hold the trigger back just a little longer. You are releasing too soon and meeting the trigger guard coming back from recoil.

Packer.

5. jerry-s.

jerry-s. Guest

i found that the "hooked" magazine extension is the only thing that allows me to hold the gun tight enough to stop the trigger finger "smack"....without the magazine extension i can only get my middle finger on the grip. with the extension i can get my ring finger on there also and i no longer get my trigger finger "smacked".

i have the same issue with my Seecamp .32 but there arent any authorized magazine "hooks" made for it.

if only shoting a single magazine full i would opt out the magazine extension....but shooting a 50 round quals course makes it a necessary evil so to speak.

6. learfxr

learfxr New Member

Dec 21, 2007
    I've been testing with 2 mags with extensions and 1 normal. I didn't notice any difference. I tend to prefer the normal mag, the extension mag doesn't feel right to me. I installed a set of grip pads and the wrap before this last trip.