Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, this should be the place, so please give me your input on whether my next new firearm should be the 2nd gen P3AT, the new problemmatic and elusive PF-9, or the Bersa Thunder 380/Concealed carry?

I have a P32, and a P11.  Both are excellent.  It seems the 380rd would be a nice cc upgrade from the P32, and my P11 apparently is about as concealable as the PF-9 with more capacity, and a history of reliability.

I have the Bersa Thunder 9/UC and it is an excellent pistol.  So, I have no concerns about the quality and reliability of the BT380/CC.

Just looking for advice.

Is the 2nd gen P3AT relative problem free now?  I would like concealability on the order of the P32, so that's why I am considering the P3AT, and also the BT380/CC is a bit larger, but has a better reputation (I think) in reliability when compared to the P3AT.

Recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks,  

J. Pomeroy

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
Re: 2nd gen P3AT or "iffy" PF-9 or Bersa

Everyone needs to have a P3AT. Much depends on how you shoot it though. If you are willing to learn how not to limp wrist it, the P3AT should be fine.

My PF-9 now has more than 400 flawless rounds through it. It is MUCH more concealable than the P-11. However, I think you will want to go with the P3AT.

The Bersa is just too large/heavy to carry. Here is a .380 that is larger and much heavier than your P-11. No matter how reliable it might be, and that's questionable, it's still a weaker round than 9mm.

Packer.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts

Laserlips said:
Well, this should be the place, so please give me your input on whether my next new firearm should be the 2nd gen P3AT, the new problemmatic and elusive PF-9, or the Bersa Thunder 380/Concealed carry?
Get the Bersa. Carrying the additional weight of the Bersa will burn more calories and keep you in better health.

Wilson – who’s trusting unsold P-3AT inventory will hold the price down for P-3AT collectors ;D

·
Registered
275 Posts

rjhauser said:
if pocket carry -> p3at, hands down

if under shirt/iwb/holster carry, pf-9

if you like heavy and bulky, get the bersa.
+1, except:
I'd opt for a Glock, Springfield, Sig, before I'd get the Bersa. There are much better choices if you go heavy and bulky.
Ned

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

ned69 said:
+1, except:
I'd opt for a Glock, Springfield, Sig, before I'd get the Bersa.  There are much better choices if you go heavy and bulky.
Ned
Ned:

I already have a Sig P239 & Walther P99c/AS and both are excellent cc firearms, (when you are in wx/warddrobe/circumstances which allow for a larger cc firrearm)... My Airweight Bodyguard is good too.

I just love firearms, and keep looking for "another" cc pistol or revolver.

The reason I included the BT380 is because I have the same pistol in 22cal (FS22) and I find it not TOO large, but a bit out of the Guardian/KelTec size line. Both of my Bersa's however are excellent pistols.

Thanks for your input.

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

·
Registered
2,989 Posts

My P3AT was problem free after break in and at
home gun smithing, then started acting up again.
One trip back to KT and now it's good to go.

Bottom line IMO Buy what feels the best to you.

Some specs:

Bersa .380 CC

CALIBER: .380 ACP
OPERATION: Semi-Automatic
ACTION: Double Action
OVERALL LENGTH: 6"
HEIGHT: 4.54"
WIDTH: 1.05"
BARREL LENGTH: 3.2"
WEIGHT: 16.4 oz without magazine
CAPACITY: 8 Rounds

Kel Tec PF-9

Calibers: 9mm
Weight unloaded (no magazine) : 12.7 oz.
Loaded magazine : 2.8 oz.
Length : 5.85"
Height : 4.3"
Width : .88"
Barrel Length : 3.1"
Capacity : 7 + 1 rounds

Kel Tec P3AT

Calibers : .380 AUTO
Weight unloaded : 8.3 oz.
Loaded magazine : 2.8 oz.
Length : 5.2"
Height : 3.5"
Width : .77"
Capacity : 6 + 1 rounds

Kel Tec P11

Calibers : 9 x 19 mm
Weight unloaded lbs. : 14 oz.
Loaded magazine : 6 oz.
Length : 5.6"
Height : 4.3" Width : 1" 26mm
Barrel Length : 3.1"
Capacity : 10 + 1 rounds

Rob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.