Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still no failures. I like my new baby.

This time I used a mag hook, and my smaller hand likes it; I can get all three fingers on the grip, and my strong hand shoots as well as both hands when I lock down all my joints the way Packer describes.

It still fits my thigh holster and my little black KT accessory bag. I have no trouble drawing. I often don't have pockets...

Accuracy is still an issue. At 7 yards, I'm OK now left and right, but am chewing on three areas: dead center 2/3rd of the time, too high or low 1/3. I feel there are two problem areas: that trip all the way from Kansas City to Phoenix just to pull the trigger and all the way back for the reset, and trouble seeing the sights. I'm used to rifle sights and my Taurus revolver, which are spot on all the time.

1. I would like to do a trigger stop, but I'm messy and the ones I've seen pictured aren't pretty either.

2. I think I need to do the 2-tone paint job. White-out was fine for the Taurus sights, but these barely exist!! I have read one good thread on this and am ready to try it.

Thank you all for being here; this group is a Godsend!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
8)

http://www.backwoodsproducts.com/Underarms.htm

I think the Velcro retaining strap could be improved on; Velcro makes a very NON-TACTICAL sound, as the grunts pointed out when the stuff was introduced on their gear (designers -- "oh.") And on mine the retaining strap (like a thumb snap) is so short it takes a while to re-holster. But the rest of the kit is very well considered and made, and I'm glad I have it. Perfect for Gutshot Gertie (girls can name their irons).

Re customer, I walked into a tiny gun show and walked out 1/2 hour later happy (you can do that here). The dealer, who's from an hour away, had everything -- even PF-9s. The local shops don't. The price, though not great, was still okay. Under $300 with chrome slide.

·
Registered
9,377 Posts
I think I'd just as soon be a victim as to have to drop my pants in the middle of a gunfight to get to my gat!

Suppose you loose, and the cops come and find you just laying there dead with your pants down around your ankles.
What are they gonna think?

The homicide detectives would probably turn it over to a vice cop!

Even the most liberal cop in the land is going to get a chuckle out of that, and you will be the laughing stock of the local TV news for several days to come.

rcmodel

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
Definately works better with a skirt.

Hmm... I have a buddy named Mullins that has been known to sport a kilt on special occassions. I'll have to email him that link. ;D

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Umm ... rcmodel does know I'm a girl, right? A grandmother, actually. Or is that pshooter he's talking to?

And ... batteries NOT included! :p

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
risabee said:
Umm ... rcmodel does know I'm a girl, right?
Nah... otherwise he wouldn't be typing.
His wife won't let him speak to other women.
It's a professional coutesy. ;D

risabee said:
And ... batteries NOT included!  :p
I really like your sense of humor.
You'll need it with some of these knuckleheads.
Even if we are a bit irreverent from time to time, we really do appreciate you girls that hang out. It's nice to hear a different perspective on issues here on ktog. 8)

·
Registered
139 Posts
risabee said:
8)

http://www.backwoodsproducts.com/Underarms.htm

I think the Velcro retaining strap could be improved on; Velcro makes a very NON-TACTICAL sound, as the grunts pointed out when the stuff was introduced on their gear (designers -- "oh.") And on mine the retaining strap (like a thumb snap) is so short it takes a while to re-holster. But the rest of the kit is very well considered and made, and I'm glad I have it. Perfect for Gutshot Gertie (girls can name their irons).

Re customer, I walked into a tiny gun show and walked out 1/2 hour later happy (you can do that here). The dealer, who's from an hour away, had everything -- even PF-9s. The local shops don't. The price, though not great, was still okay. Under $300 with chrome slide.
Uhhhh..... what......a gun???
What??? Nice Holster :eek:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not sure what's commented on there? The P3AT was under $300. The holster is a little over $30. Everybody fusses at me about purse carry, so I'm trying to be accomodating. :D

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
Having a gun on your person is certainly preferable to a purse, IMO... IF you can find a way to pull it off. Apparently you have. 8)

G

·
risabee said:
Umm ... rcmodel does know I'm a girl, right? A grandmother, actually. Or is that pshooter he's talking to?

And ... batteries NOT included!  :p

Granny- welcome again, and just so you know... some of us are married to grannies!
Actually, a "grammy" in my case.

TxCajun said:
...I really like your sense of humor.
You'll need it with some of these knuckleheads.
Even if we are a bit irreverent from time to time, we really do appreciate you girls that hang out. It's nice to hear a different perspective on issues here on ktog. 8)

+1 Tx... you just stay with us risabee..your a hoot!

Oh... some one go tell stevil about the guns and women link ;)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
mods

I'm going to the range again soon. I have made a few modifications based on the prior experiences.

1. Grip extension

2. Inner tube grip wrap.

3. purple nail polish on rear sight and white-out on front sight. See dot, fire.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
That thigh rig looks like an excellent tactical solution. High level of concealment AND quick draw whether standing or sitting - excellent. I don't think any other form of carry can match those qualities. I'm goin' shopping for a kilt tomorrow ;)

Here is what site paint dots look like (covered with liquid bandage to protect the paint)...

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
You can't go wrong to reread Packer's instructions before you shoot again. When the _____ hits the fan you need to have a good grip and a locked wrist as an automatic conditioned reflex as you won't have time to think about it under stress. Two of the ladies in my family were unwilling to practice good technique enough and I had to give them P 32s which are more forgiving.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.