Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There seems to be an occasional problem with the recoil guide hole on some recent second generation slides.  While the obvious problem is the 0.25” hole is drill to deep and resulting in a sharp edge as seen from muzzle end, the fact this hole was made by a drill is a deficiency in my opinion

The hole for my year old 2G P3AT (s# HHSxx)appears to have been made with an end mill verses a drill , but my new 2G P32 was with a drill (about 150 degree tipped)

Since my old eyes have difficulty looking in the hole and telling, another way is to put the head of the recoil rod in the hole and hold it straight, then looking at the guide hole from the muzzle end, if the guide rod head is not touching the bottom of the hole, it was drilled.

for multiple gun owners, a comment would be nice since you can

Thank you for participating.

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Mine is older (HKS- -) and is flat.

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
JFB: Consider adding another option. I think this would be helpful in most polls since people have to vote to see the results:

Not applicable to me but I want to see results

This covers the intersted folks with only 1st gen guns or even folks with no P3s at all that are curious. 8)

·
Registered
210 Posts
HZE 2 gen - Do not know how to tell for sure and voted that way.

Hole on the muzzle side is not ragged but when I fluffed baby I smoothed and slightly reamed and cambered the hole from both sides to remove any roughness... which was not obvious but I wanted a smooth operator.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Should I vote twice (kidding), my original slide was drilled and so is the replacement slide they sent me. The replacement slide is holding up better though. It's not peening as fast as the original one.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Thanks a bunch for this exercise! Now, can any one remember which slide goes with which grip and barrel? . . . Now several magazines of ammo will have to be fired through each to make sure all of the parts work together. Oh . . well . . it’s a toughs job but someone has got to do it :)

Of my SG P-3ATs that are not on loan to relatives, all seemed to be taper milled.

Wilson – who’s most recent Plain Jane SG P-3AT is one of the loaners that can’t be examined

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
...,Is that drilled (about 150 degress) or milled (about flat)...

some how I lost my own post :-/

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
JFB said:
is that drilled (about 150 degree tipped) or milled (about flat)?
Exactly!

My slides look fine as they are tapered with a hole drilled in the middle. I do have one P-3AT I purchased used pre-owned that has a very very small ridge of metal on one side of the GR hole. As soon as I got it, I sanded the guide rod smooth as the ridges on the guide rod were acting like a file tearing away metal from the slide.

Wilson – who’s tool challenged, so he may not full understand the question ;D

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
onefunzr2 said:
Who closed the voting booth?
Sorry about closing early. But once Wilson's collection of several (hundred?) were all drilled, I figured that was the perfect random sampling and therefore they all must be drilled. ;)

Polls Back open, then

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.