Discussion in 'P-11 & P-40' started by PropaneBreath, Jan 31, 2020.

Tags:
  1. PropaneBreath

PropaneBreath Active Member

Jan 26, 2020
    Removed.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 1, 2020
  2. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Yep, that's what it cost to ship a pistol, overnight, which UPS and FedEx require. I don't think the distance makes much difference.

I dont think they make/keep P40 barrels in stock, normally. Maybe they have a few, since they didnt tell you that. What I fear, is that you will get back a P11 (9 mm), we'll see. The good news is that it will likely have all new parts, grip/frame, slide, barrel, small parts, etc, utilizing the old aluminum block frame, which is legally the gun. The other good news is I bet they wont charge you a dime, so worst case scenario, you'll have a new P11 for $50. Come back to this thread and let us know what you get.

HatRon56 and PropaneBreath like this.

3. HatRon56

HatRon56 Grand Poobah Supporter

May 25, 2007
    Hampton Roads,VA
    I have a broken P-40 barrel and grip.
    My barrel broke length ways.
    I called KelTec and they said they don't make P-40 barrels anymore, of course this was a few years ago.
    If you get yours replaced I'm gonna give them a call to at least replace my barrel ...

RAT76 and PropaneBreath like this.
  4. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Yea, I posted what I did because I have seen P40s come back as P11s because they no longer made the P40 parts. This has been going on for years. But if they told you that, perhaps they have changed. Of course they could make the parts, if they want to.

HatRon56 likes this.
  5. GoesBang

GoesBang Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2014
    Missouri
    If I could find a P40 slide, I might just have to order one of those barrels.

PropaneBreath likes this.
  6. HatRon56

May 25, 2007
    Hampton Roads,VA
    I just want them to make a special run of the .357SIG barrels for the P40, I know I'd buy one.

longslide10, m-fine and RAT76 like this.
  7. DPH

DPH Active Member

May 29, 2015
    Has Keltec returned your P40? Keep us informed as to how this turned out.

PropaneBreath and HatRon56 like this.
  8. DPH

DPH Active Member

May 29, 2015
    Let us know how it shoots. I picked up a box of 155 gr. Silvertips for my P40, but have not yet shot them.

9. HatRon56

May 25, 2007
    Hampton Roads,VA
    Are they sending it back to you with a new grip ?

10. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Wow! First they have P40 barrels, now they have slides. This is all new... and pretty cool.

HatRon56, cwbyflyer and PropaneBreath like this.
  11. HatRon56

May 25, 2007
    Hampton Roads,VA
    I need to send in my blew up P40 barrel.

12. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Wow! Looks like everything is new except the frame. However, if they added a suffix to the old serial number, they must have changed the frame as well. Incredibly, it appears the service department just built you a brand new gun. Is it still 40 cal?

13. RAT76

RAT76 Well-Known Member

I do believe this qualifies for the best KT service ever.

You probably don't realize it but you lucked out big time.

HatRon56 and PropaneBreath like this.
  14. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Yes, this is absolutely unheard of. They havent made P40 slides and barrels for decades. When they couldn't repair one, they simply replaced the P40, if you were the original purchaser,, with a P11. I find it particularly curious that they would start doing this, after discontinuing the P11. That would seem to indicate that they might continue making batches of P11 parts as well for the service department.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
  15. RAT76

RAT76 Well-Known Member

I am amazed that you can say that with a straight face. ;)

16. RAT76

RAT76 Well-Known Member

Personally I have always been willing to pay full original MSRP for an out of production firearm that is on my list. If it's something rare I've gone double to triple plus.

Condition of course matters but for me cosmetics does not factor highly in my decisions.

I know I am not normal.

Now to my "guidance", I would not start at less than the original factory price when this model was introduced. What you let it go for is something you are on your own for.

YMMV & JMNSHO of course.

17. Donny18013

Donny18013 Member

Jan 11, 2020
    I have been watching a P40 on gunbroker. Looks like good condition, he has it listed at four fiddy. Evidently that is too high, since it has been relisted at least once.
    I'm also thinking of offloading mine, less than 2 boxes of ammo thru it since I bought it during the Clinton years. I also have the set of barrel, nickle slide, and magazine in 357 Sig - which also fits on a P11. I'll be listing on GB soon as well.

18. Ocean_Ranger

Ocean_Ranger Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2013
    I think the highest I've seen one go for on GunBroker is $350 [Edit: $399 as of 5/11/20]. Saw one sell in that price range over 5 years ago, with a .357SIG barrel included, and then another one more recently without any extras.

Is the .357 version still the smallest/lightest .357SIG ever produced? Sometimes "bragging rights" are important when estimating value (especially if the buyer is looking for a "barbeque gun" ;^)...

Last edited: May 11, 2020
    RAT76 likes this.
  19. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    I would guess that both the 40 and 357 are the smallest, lightest offerings in those calibers.

HatRon56 and RAT76 like this.
  20. CarpenterJon

CarpenterJon Member

Apr 1, 2020
    So did they do all this work for fee under warranty?