Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
is it compatible? Thoughts?
Everything I've read and heard says don't do it. It will work but as the other poster said most of the .223's do not come apart for cleaning. The 22lr rounds are extremely dirty and you will be sending your suppressor back for cleaning if you put/do much 22lr's through it. I recently ordered my suppressor and wanted to do the same thing but after all the experts gave their opinions I decided to go with a 22lr and later, one for my 5.56.

Come on AFT with the form 4.. Still waiting...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If a disassemble-ready .223 Can could be found, would it offer better sound suppression characteristics compared to a .22 Can?

·
Registered
428 Posts
If a disassemble-ready .223 Can could be found, would it offer better sound suppression characteristics compared to a .22 Can?
If you find one with good reviews and quality let me know make and model. My preference was QD/quicksnap ability. I intend to buy a few QD mounts so I can move the can from one rifle/pistol to another and not have to unscrew the can to move it. Seeing that I'm going with a 22lr can first I'm looking at Gemtech's new G5-22.

As to the sound suppression characteristics I can't offer any experience with that. I would think that 22lr's through a .223 can would have better suppression with 22lr's. IDK just logical thinking.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the tips guys. It appears the weight/size differences would be a huge compromise for sound suppression. (just looking at AAC models.) I also wonder if that extra weight is a result of sturdiness and reenforcement for the extra energy from the .223, and thus, not disassemble-ready.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts