.22 magnum handguns

Discussion in 'Other Guns' started by wanderson, Dec 6, 2017 at 6:26 AM.

1. wanderson

wanderson Member

Dec 30, 2015
    after buying a PMR 30 a few years ago I’ve started to really like (& stockpile) 22wmr.
    So much I also picked up a CMR 30 carbine and a Henry Pump carbine in .22wmr.

So I’m looking at other 22mag handguns under $600 and wanted any feedback.
    The Ruger LCRx in the 3” barrel looks interesting, a heavy trigger in DA but seems useable in SA mode. As light as the PMR.
    Ruger single 9 or 6 with .22wmr cylinder is another option. But I already have a Blackhawk .45lc/.45acp which is great but not looking for another cowboy gun.

Also, Rock Island has a new 1911in .22wmr but haven’t seen any range reports yet. It’s actually .22wmr, not their XT22 cartridge that’s a 9mm necked down to 22.

2. guru2sum

guru2sum Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2005
    Mad City, Wisconsin

3. jonnin

jonnin Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2010
    wife has an 8 shot Taurus that has served really well. Da/Sa, inexpensive, heavy da trigger of course. Various barrel lengths.

4. mtn_chef

mtn_chef Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2014
    nc mountains
    yep... I too have the .22 mag bug.
    I own the 5 inch taurus 941 in .22 mag. It's had an issue or two and are no longer produced. But it is a pretty handy gun. I carry it while deer hunting. It has a heavy double action trigger, 12# or something. I have a stainless marlin bolt action rifle to go with this pistol... I like the matching caliber rifle/pistol idea. I've paired .22 mag and 9mm sets so far. Let me know if anyone has a rossi model 92 in .357 they like to part with, 20 inch barrel, stainless preferred.... I can dream right?
    I really want a heritage arms cowboy style sa revolver, they make with a birds head grip and come with both .22 lr and the .22mag cylinders. Finally got to hold one and wasn't crazy about the grips. they're affordable though.
    One day when I've the disposable income I'd like to get my hands on a s&w .22 mag revolver but I think they're usually above that 600 threshold.