Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have or seen any deals on-line for 22 Mag ammo? I am picking up my gun soon, got all of my extra magazines purchased, and now looking for ammo.

Any help would be awesome?

Also, what is the best ammo to use for plinking / target?

(Brand / model / cost / location)

Hope everyone is enjoying their PMR30's as Im sure I will soon.

·
Registered
9,389 Posts
Winchester dyanpoints are about 16 cents each. A cheap little plated bullet and less omph than the high end ones. Of the high ends, they all seem to be in the same ball park to me. Find a weight/tip you like and stick with it. Just do yourself a favor, dont' compare .22mag prices to .22lr prices. Compare them to other rounds that have that much power and lat nice a bullet/tip in them. My way they come out looking like a deal.

Lop (who loves .22 mags... Naa, RR, Henry)

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Mine shoots best with the Hornady Critical defense rounds (45gr).. they are made for a shorter barrel (pistol) so have less flash, and higher velocity out of a PMR barrel.
Cheaperthandirt.com seems to have the best prices..

Try a bunch of different ammo and see what your gun likes to eat!!

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
10 yards?..you could beat someone with a stick at that range..:eek:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Until you have a failure to extract, then I guess you could throw the pistol at them.... Which probably wouldn't do much good either.... It'd be like getting hit by a squirt gun! Maybe the stick would be better! :eek: But I still dig the gun! Had to send mine off 2.5 weeks ago and and will be glad to see it back. Hopefully returned to it's former glory! Part pistol... part flamethrower

·
Registered
80 Posts
10 yards?..you could beat someone with a stick at that range..:eek:
Can that stick reach 300 Yds. ? :)
(3) Shot group (300 Yds.) 25.06 Rem. 700 BDL.Custom hand loads.No trigger work.No bull barrel.Just a plain Jane out the box.Topped w/ a 6x24x50 power scope:)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Whats that got to do with a PMR?? I used to shoot 4 inch square steel plates with my pistol at 250 yards all the time...big deal!!

Nice group by the way..

·
Registered
679 Posts
I second the Dyna Points. Cheaper than dirt has them for 8$ a box cheaper if your in the "club".

I have used them In a nUmber of guns but don't have a PMR yet to test. YES they are a 45 g bullet at about 300 fps less.. But it's a soft plates lead bullet like you find on a 22LR bullet.

CW

·
Registered
679 Posts
Can that stick reach 300 Yds. ? :)
(3) Shot group (300 Yds.) 25.06 Rem. 700 BDL.Custom hand loads.No trigger work.No bull barrel.Just a plain Jane out the box.Topped w/ a 6x24x50 power scope:)
I hesitate to call bull****...your claim is that is three .257 bullet holes, striking a 300 YARD distant target... By the looks of it, they are all touching. So appear under or right at one inch. That is less than a .33 MOA rifle you have and a HELL OF A SHOT.
The variables involved with making three shots like this are quite substantial.

Are you sure that wasn't 300 FEET?

CW

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
I hesitate to call bull****...your claim is that is three .257 bullet holes, striking a 300 YARD distant target... By the looks of it, they are all touching. So appear under or right at one inch. That is less than a .33 MOA rifle you have and a HELL OF A SHOT.

CW

Well I wasn't going to say anything...

·
Registered
80 Posts

CW
Not 300 Ft.300 Yards :eek: I was trained by THE best. Do U recognize who it might be ? There is only one "White Feather".:)... PS: and the shots in the 2nd pix. were placed from 500 yards away.But not with my 700.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
From a quick search:
White Feather is the only authorized biography of Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock II, who was recognized as the most successful sniper in the Vietnam War with more than 93 confirmed kills. The book White Feather is written by brothers Roy and Norm Chandler, who publish military shooting publications through Iron Brigade Publishing, a Jacksonville, North Carolina based corporation. As Marine Sniper, a best seller for nine years relayed his heroism in Vietnam, White Feather covers Carlos' entire career and the other details not found in any other title. Written in true "Chandler" format, this volume covers, from beginning to end, the story and tales of a true Marine Corps legend and last American Hero. As far as biographies go, this book will forever immortalize Hathcock, who passed away Feb. 1999.

·
Registered
80 Posts
From a quick search:
White Feather is the only authorized biography of Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock II, who was recognized as the most successful sniper in the Vietnam War with more than 93 confirmed kills. The book White Feather is written by brothers Roy and Norm Chandler, who publish military shooting publications through Iron Brigade Publishing, a Jacksonville, North Carolina based corporation. As Marine Sniper, a best seller for nine years relayed his heroism in Vietnam, White Feather covers Carlos' entire career and the other details not found in any other title. Written in true "Chandler" format, this volume covers, from beginning to end, the story and tales of a true Marine Corps legend and last American Hero. As far as biographies go, this book will forever immortalize Hathcock, who passed away Feb. 1999.
That is correct. A long time personal friend.And we will miss him for ever.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Hathcock
The bottom shot was taken in his house in Va. Beach.In his room he called the "Bunker"

·
Registered
679 Posts
I was going to ask if you served it did t want to "lead"your response.

Wild Internet claims of accuracy abound. The faceless nature of the Internet incubate some very outlandish claims.

Yes I am aware of the man. You obviously paid attention. Thank you for your service.

CW

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not to be rude...But can we stay on current 22mag ammo deals out there.

Photos / locations / contact #'s

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
I second the Dyna Points. Cheaper than dirt has them for 8$ a box cheaper if your in the "club".

I have used them In a nUmber of guns but don't have a PMR yet to test. YES they are a 45 g bullet at about 300 fps less.. But it's a soft plates lead bullet like you find on a 22LR bullet.

CW
Kel Tec instructions flat state NOT to use the dyna Points!! But do as you like..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts