Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also on display at the booth and at Industry Range Day was the KSG-25 shotgun.

What began as a design for European over-all-length compliance requirements (38″) ballooned into a “we did it because we could” kind of creation. The KSG-25 features a 30 inch barrel and carries a full box of twelve gauge shells inside:

That is 21 rounds of 3″ shells, 25 rounds of standard 2.75″ shells, or 41 Aguila mini-shells if you really want tone your pumping muscles.
The weight when loaded is officially 11.5 lbs, and you can bet that a fair chunk of that weight is forward of the grip. Kel-Tec is doing a test run of 5000 guns that will ship with Magpul MBUS and an RVG vertical grip on the pump.

Personally I think they should have named it the KSG-XL or “The Creature from the Black Lagoon.” MSRP is nailed down at $1400, and the first run is expected to arrive on shelves in 3rd quarter 2017.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/01/17/new-kel-tec-rdb-survival-ksg-25/

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The new KSG-25 is mentioned at the end of this video....

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDvguGj1a00[/ame]

·
Registered
861 Posts
The perfect gun for the Terminator. The rest of us might get tired lugging it around. Hey to each their own but to me it loses the essence of what makes a KSG a KSG. Personally I would rather have seen them introduce a single mag tube 8 shot, making it even more compact and perhaps feed more reliably....but that's just me:D

·
Registered
296 Posts
Loading the shotgun is one of the biggest detractors, this is a mitigation of that fact. Personally, I think it will sell well and I can even see some Open 3Gun applications.

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
3Gun with extra 2+ lbs (shells & barrel, etc) hanging in front of you, hummmmm. When you swing it around the Gs will throw you off balance. This gun will be the Desert Eagle of shotguns, all show :eek:
Nah. Just put a bipod on it. And let "The Heavy" take it. What, maybe 15 pounds, Loaded?

·
Registered
296 Posts
11.5 pounds loaded, or thereabouts. 90% of 3Gun stages have shotgun round counts under 20. All shotgun stages run from about 30-40 rounds. Not a stage I have seen that no reload (box, tube, twins or quads) would not be the winner.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.