2011 Trail or Game Cameras

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Blue_Moon, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Blue_Moon

Blue_Moon New Member

Dec 22, 2004
    I started using game/trail cameras to scout for deer.  It has gotten to the point where I almost enjoy checking my cameras as much as I like hunting.  Last year I started a thread about interesting pictures from your trail or game cameras.  I pulled my camera cards this morning so I thought it might be time to start a new thread.  Post em if you got em!

Bobcat on the prowl
    [​IMG]

Momma coon with a couple of babies
    [​IMG]

Can't wait to see how this guy ends up
    [​IMG]

And this lop-sided guy has come along too...
    [​IMG]

To this...
    [​IMG]

And finally, this guy went from here....
    [​IMG]

to here...
    [​IMG]

If you guys have some good pics, I would love to see them!

2. btb601

btb601 New Member

Jul 23, 2011
    I am looking at buying Primos brand. Anyone have comments on this?
    Need more pics here too.

3. Moose

Moose New Member

Jun 22, 2005
    I've got an older Scout, love it.

The newer ones record sound as well.

4. shottingcouple

shottingcouple New Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Biggest decision to make when buying a camera is how much are you willing to lose when some low life SOB steals the thing. I have been using wildgame and wildviews for years now mainly due to the cost and have lost 4 cameras in as many years. They are easy to use and take good pictures.

Just remember to do what I do when you set your camera. The first picture it takes should be of you giving the finger! At least that way when the POS thief opens the pictures you get to give him the high hard one!

5. shottingcouple

Aug 10, 2007
    I got this one on a Wildview last year and never saw him in season
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Blue_Moon

Blue_Moon New Member

Dec 22, 2004
    My two infared cams are Wildgame Innovations; they are on the cheaper end and they seem to do fine. I also have a cheapy Tasco from Wal-Mart that is a flash camera. I was putting it out on public land last year so I put the cheapest thing out I could find. To date, I haven't lost one to a thief. However, I went to check the card on the one on public land one time and someone had turned it around so the lens was against the tree. I guess they just wanted to let me know they could have gotten it...or they might have been doing something they didn't want caught on film!

Here are some more recent photos:

The big lopsided one continues to grow
    [​IMG]

This a picture of the big wide rack in the first post. He is hidden in the background, but I was able to lighten it to see him.
    [​IMG]

7. shottingcouple

Aug 10, 2007
    I just put mine out Sunday i hope to have some pictures here soon

8. burley

burley Active Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    Not mine, just saw these at work yesterday. They were taken in Kansas close to the Nebraska border...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Brewster6514

Brewster6514 Active Member

Jun 10, 2006
    just put out mine today, hopefully I'll have some in the next couple of days

10. Brewster6514

Jun 10, 2006
    so far just a couple does and fawns, no bucks spotted yet. :(
    here are a couple of the best ones.

Attached Files:

11. Blue_Moon

Blue_Moon New Member

Dec 22, 2004
    I hadn't pulled my cards in about 3 weeks, and I had a few good pictures this time. These cameras are from a bottoms area that has thick woods and swampy creek areas. We always see decent bucks on our cameras in night pictures when season is not in; when the rut hits, they vanish. Here were some of the nice ones off the latest trip.

Here is another pic of the wide racked young deer from the first post; funny to me that he always knows to stay in the background
    [​IMG]

Been following this one all year too; he has 6 pts on his right side and 4 on his left
    [​IMG]

This is a new guy, and a nice one I would like to meet at a later date. These are the kind of big bucks we often see once or twice on cams, then never see them again. Still nice to see them though!
    [​IMG]

12. enola_shooter

enola_shooter New Member

Mar 31, 2011
    I've got a couple, a lot of does and a buck. Not much but, its my first buck on cam.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. enola_shooter

enola_shooter New Member

Mar 31, 2011
    That pic of the lion is sweet!

14. Brewster6514

Jun 10, 2006
    finally got some pics to show.
    guess i need to hunt this stand a little more. ;)

Attached Files: