Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this really necessary? I dunno but I went with it. So far, I've got 100 rounds Federal 115 gr. FMJ, 50 rounds American Eagle 115 FMJ, and 18 WWB 115 JHP with no problems. I think I'm done. I don't intend to use this as a range gun. I don't intend to run 500-1000 rounds through it. It goes bang when I squeeze and it hits where I point. Anymore is like pulling petals off a daisy. She loves me, she loves me not...

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
some need it ( 200 ) some don't it is just a number

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Is this really necessary? I dunno but I went with it. So far, I've got 100 rounds Federal 115 gr. FMJ, 50 rounds American Eagle 115 FMJ, and 18 WWB 115 JHP with no problems. I think I'm done. I don't intend to use this as a range gun. I don't intend to run 500-1000 rounds through it. It goes bang when I squeeze and it hits where I point. Anymore is like pulling petals off a daisy. She loves me, she loves me not...
Most recommend around 200 rounds for a full break in period. Not so much to prove reliability, but to ensure the moving parts (slide, frame rails, etc) are fully and smoothly mated before going on to self defense ammo. Then a few rounds of JHP to prove it will work reliably with the chosen ammo and it should be good to go for self defense.

Jim R

·
Registered
79 Posts
If you are happy with your aim and your shots are going where you want, designate it as your personal carry. Take it to the range with your range guns and shoot a mag or two just to keep the feel. Good shootging.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts