2 things........

Discussion in 'Feedback and Announcements' started by junkman306, Jan 13, 2011.

1. junkman306

junkman306 New Member

Jan 10, 2011
    1. The site is SLOW. It doesn't matter what computer that I'm on. It seems to take forever to load the page.

2. Is there a site store?? For like buying t-shirts or something??? If not, any plans for one???

2. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Yea, I've noticed the site running a little slow lately too. Likely something up with the server. Hopefully the server owner will address it soon. And no, we don't currently have a ktog store. We have in the past and it wasn't used much except for some t-shirts for some regional and national meets. We may do something again in the future.

3. tigwelder

tigwelder Active Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Walterboro, SC
    Not certain this is the place for this comment but anyway. I agree the site does run a little slow, especially going from one page to another but the wait is worth it, as I have learned SOOO much from this forum. My comment is about making posts and replies. I love the fact that there are so many options available but is there anyway that “spell check” could be added? I hope it is not there because I have looked but I haven’t found it. I know that I have put a couple of posts with misspelled words even after I had read it several times before sending. From reading the posts, I’m not the only one that has a problem with spelling and/or typing and spell check might be a help if they would use it. I have started typing my comments in my word processor, spell checking it and then cut and pasting it in the reply box. This works but it just takes more time.

4. Deadmannumberone

Deadmannumberone New Member

Dec 6, 2010
    A spell checker would have to be built into the forum software. There are very few forum software suites that have a spell checker (most forums that do have one use custom code). That said, Opera and Mozilla have built in spell checkers.

5. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    If you use Internet Explorer, google and download the free ISpell program.

6. tigwelder

tigwelder Active Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Walterboro, SC
    TxCajun, this is my third try to get a reply to you about ISpell. I'm not certain what the problem is but I thought I had hit post on the first one and it didn't show up and on my second time something happened and it just went away. Anyway, probably something on my side. About ISpell, I downloaded it and have set up an icon on my tool bar next to my home button and it seems to work well. I saw in another post you had about right clicking and that was also helpful. Everyone that uses Internet Explorer and does forums should have this. Thanks again.

7. P32Jake

P32Jake Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Salt Lake Valley
    Or use Firefox and you don't need any additional add ons.... :D

8. burley

burley Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    Still s l o w w ww... Could not get the search feature to work at all today, it would time out on every try. :-/

9. Deadmannumberone

Deadmannumberone New Member

Dec 6, 2010
    It might be a database issue. Nearly 20k members with more than 500k posts in over 45k topics, plus all the PMs, is quite a database to manage.

10. SeR_Cyclops

SeR_Cyclops New Member

Jan 22, 2011
    I agree it is slow, However I only really see the problem when I click on a picture or try to reply to a thread. just loading pages is not too bad for me. BTW I use firefox.