2 Good Reasons for Owning 2 P3ATs

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by BillK, Oct 5, 2007.

1. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    I've been considering getting myself a 2nd P3AT for the following two reasons:

1) Have one primarily for practice (this would be my current blued P3AT) and the second primarily for carry (get a new HC P3AT and set it up -handall, Bersa mag plate, metal catch & nylon recoil rod hole washer- just like the first).

2) My current P3AT slide will at some point have to be replaced because of the peening and while it is away I'd still have a P3AT for carry.

Can you guys offer up other reasons for owning a second P3AT?  In other words convince me I NEED to have 2 P3ATs. ;D

Thanks ...

2. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Sooner or later wifey, so or some other person you care about is going to take one of them anyway...

Two hands...

If its important enough to have its important enough to have a backup for...(Note that this is a reason to own THREE)

Two of these are cheaper than one of "those..."

And the number one reason to own 2 P3AT's... YOU WANT TO!

-Scott

3. I can't help you on that one Bill....I think you need three

[​IMG]

because we all know that three is the magic number!

With all of the arguments you will hear, the bottom line for me is..... REASONING has nothing to do with it!

4. Packer

Packer Banned

May 14, 2005
      Reason? Packer gets to sell another mag catch?  :D

Oh crap! I HAVE three, but just realized I don't have a HC model. Now I'm thinking about 4. Almost wish I hadn't SEEN that pic, N_A_S.

Packer.

5. Connection

Connection New Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Another reason is, God forbid, you have to use it for self-defense and it gets confiscated. You'll have a back-up, but I'd rather have more than 2. That's why I have several guns that fit the small CCW role.

6. Packer

Packer Banned

May 14, 2005
    Good point! And you don't even HAVE to use it. If you get arrested for ANY reason, your carry gun will be confiscated. A DUI while carrying is VERY serious.

Packer.

7. Connection

Connection New Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Good point! And you don't even HAVE to use it. If you get arrested for ANY reason, your carry gun will be confiscated. A DUI while carrying is VERY serious.

Packer.
    [/quote]

True dat! I used to be convinced that if any gun I owned were to be used to save my life, the P3AT would be it. I don't carry it much anymore since discovering the Kahr PM9, which is my usual pocket carry these days. When I have to dress up (rare), the PM9 goes into the Smartcarry and that's about the only time I'll pocket the P3AT. Need to get a backup PM9 for the self defense reason, but they're so darned expensive! And can be iffy, but mine's been flawless.

8. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    [Wow! 6 replies over my lunch hour. You guys must be retired or maybe just in the habit of checking out KTOG during lunch?]

Some good reasons. Keep them coming ...

9. fatman

fatman New Member

Apr 6, 2005
    There are times, especially in warm weather, that it just isn't practical to carry anything larger or heavier than a P3AT. In such cases the P3AT becomes the primary carry gun so what will you use as a backup? Another P3AT of course. It isn't much harder to conceal 2 of them than just one and I believe that if you need to carry a pistol, you probably need to carry two.

10. Wilson

Wilson New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    With two, you could name them Monday and Tuesday. This would be a good excuse to buy five more to complete the week.

Wilson – who’s thinking of renaming his P-3ATs, First of the Month, Second of the Month, Third of the Month, etc ........ :)

11. wyo-man

wyo-man New Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Yes, all the above................ ;D

And, because you CAN!!!

wyo-man

12. Wilson – who’s thinking of renaming his P-3ATs, First of the Month, Second of the Month, Third of the Month, etc ........   :)
    [/quote]

Careful Wilson, I know about your wife and the colors .... she may want to get another one for THAT time of the month!

Mitch....  hoping Wilson and the Mrs. Wilson are not offended!

13. Spikejerk

Spikejerk New Member

My favorite reason: At 6'5" I look like a freaking giant holding two of the little p3's. Raaargh! Smash bad guys! ::)

I'm also hoping that with two P3s, I can start breeding little P32s soon.

14 shots instead of 7 before reloading.

14. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX

Packer.
    [/quote]

IMO, getting arrested for any reason will most likely result in the loss of everything they can remotely find.

you have bigger problems than losing the p3at if you get arrested.

ymmv

15. toddmog

toddmog New Member

Jul 8, 2007
    If you aren't set on HC, Bubbaman has 2 blued ones left in the trading post for $215 delivered. I'd pick one up myself if I hadn't just bought my HC a couple of weeks ago. The two shops around me have the blued for $260 and $280 before taxes and fees.

16. Rubb

Rubb Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2006
    If I could afford 2, I'd buy a PM9.

17. cactus_jack

cactus_jack New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Of course you meant to say, two first generation and two second generation P-3ATs, didn't you?

18. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Good news and bad news ...

Good: I've made a decision and will be getting another P3AT in HC. If possible, I'd really like to have one with an OD grip. Do HC models ever come in OD? I've seen here black & blue but I can't recall seeing HC with gray or OD grips.

Bad: It won't be anytime soon as I recently got a Ruger .44mag Super Blackhawk for dear hunting in PA this gun season (assuming I don't tag-out bowhunting).

Well, anyway I feel good that I've made a decesion and barring anything unforseen it will just be a matter of saving up for my 2nd P3AT.

Thanks for all your help.

19. Wilson

Wilson New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Yes, I have seen a few. But even if you don’t find one you could post an offer to swap black for ODGreen grip (not frames) and might get a taker. Of course you could buy an OD Green grip from Kel-Tec with internals if you come up with an extra $30 or so. I have also heard of Kel-Tec swapping grip colors for free if the pistol is sent in but I don’t know if they still do it or not and there would be a long wait.

Wilson – who’s not an olive drab fan and would swap if he had one :)