Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I'm new here but not for long. I took my new P3AT out today for the first time. Pretty happy but I had 3 FTE in 100 rounds. I've read that it takes approx 300 round before it's broken in. I hope so.

G

·
This little gun is very easy to "limp wrist" after firing several rounds. That almost guarantees an FTE. Keep it cleaned and lubed and keep a firm wrist when shooting it.

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
  Welcome to KTOG, Joe!

That's good ammo. Sometimes these problems are not the gun's fault. A powerful little pistol needs to have your wrist very stiff to cycle properly. Here are some tips:

It is nearly impossible to limp wrist this gun from a very firm, push-pull grip:  

1. Place strong hand on grip with finger alongside trigger guard.  
2. Cup weak hand as if you were going to drink water from it.  
3. Rotate weak hand 45 degrees toward your body.  
4. Place palm against front of strong hand fingers, with thumbs nearly parallel.  
5. Line up on target and push forward with strong hand while pulling back with weak hand.  
  This will lock your wrist and prevent limp wristing.  

Single hand grip:  

1. Line up on target.  
2. strain hand forward as if you were trying to get the gun closer to the target.  
  This will lock your wrist and prevent limp wristing.  

If you are using one of these grips, and you get malfunctions, it is NOT limp wristing, but the gun that is causing them.  

Packer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's possible. I was using one hand. I will let you know after my next outing. Thanks for the tip Two Pistol Packer. I hope your right...... ;)

·
Registered
56 Posts
For my experience, a good fluff & buff of the barrel ramp, hood and chamber along with Bursa finger extension on the magazine for improved grip of the little gun yielded no extract/eject problems for the 200 rounds I ran through my new gun. I have big hands and the finger extensions were a nice add. I was surprised how much muzzle flip this little gun packs. Very hot for a mouse gun!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.