1st time shooting range experience with the P3AT

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Cheyenne_Bob, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Cheyenne_Bob

Cheyenne_Bob Guest

Mar 13, 2009
    I recently purchased a P3AT as a back-up weapon to my Ruger SP101. My KelTec P3AT purchase was based upon info found in this Forum. Thank you for all of the information both pro and con!

Prior to shooting this pistol for the first time, it was torn down, given a light buffing and was followed by cleaning and greasing the slide rails on the gun. Today, it performed like a champ with no problems of any kind. I could empty the full magazine as fast as I could pull the trigger and had quite respectable shot groupings at 7 - 10 yards. Since I could only find a single box of .380 ammo I still have a few more rounds to run through her before she gets a complete stamp of approval. However, based upon today's performance, I have no reason to doubt its reliability. I believe the buffing, cleaning and greasing (prior to shooting) were the reasons for the trouble free performance of this pistol.

Sincerely,

Cheyenne Bob

2. Rubb

Rubb Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2006
    Re: 1st time shooting range experience with the P3

Welcome to KTOG Bob ;)

The P3 is a fine gun indeed

3. Speedyfish

Speedyfish New Member

Mar 7, 2009
    Re: 1st time shooting range experience with the P3

I did my off-duty qualification and some practice with my new P3AT two days ago. I shot 50 90 gr. Speer GDHPs and a few 70 gr. Pow'rballs. Best day of the week for me! I had three FTE's (Gold Dots) for all 70 rounds. No fluff and buff, just a light clean up before shooting. I am very happy with the gun and I'm sure more range time will break it in nicely. I had a P-11 several years ago and I regret selling it...